The Student Room Group

What was the last film you watched Mk. II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2140
Original post by Nephilim
Drive - 5/10

Neg me all you want.

I thought you're being generous actually. That film sucked... how he stays quiet and takes 10 seconds to answer pissed me off.
Original post by 4TSR
I thought you're being generous actually. That film sucked... how he stays quiet and takes 10 seconds to answer pissed me off.

When I was watching it, I wondered if the character had some type of autism or something :confused:
Contagion. Makes me think twice now about shaking peoples hands.
12 Angry Men - (9.5/10)

Fascinating. Simply fascinating. Who knew such a simple film could achieve as much as it has? Definitely down as one of my all-time favourites :yep:
50/50

Not exactly what I was expecting but it surprised me in a good way, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Watched true legend a chinese film I would give it a 7/10. I have been watching quiet a lot of these chinese & japanese films on the netflix and lovefilm instant they are pretty good as long as you don't mind the strong theme of self sacrafice for the nation theme in the chinese films.
Titanic, 10/10

:cry2:
The Departed - 10/10
Bloody brilliant.
The Last of the Mohicans - 9/10
Original post by PoGo HoPz
Titanic, 10/10

:cry2:

Are you going to watch the 3D one?
What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

9/10. Awesome film, the performances of a youngish Depp and Dicaprio are excellent.
Tunes of Glory

10/10

In my view, this is Alec Guinness' finest perfomance, quite possibly John Mill's best too. A genuine masterpiece.
Your Highness 2/10 some funny bits but overall was dreadful
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol

It was okay. I thought the first half was better.
Reply 2154
I'm a cyborg, but that's ok.

It's a korean comedy/romantic drama. Awesome film, 9/10.
John Cassavetes's Faces, 1968.

7/10

I found it very stylistically similar to Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Original post by flugelr
Tunes of Glory

10/10

In my view, this is Alec Guinness' finest perfomance, quite possibly John Mill's best too. A genuine masterpiece.

You must be joking sir! :eek:

What about The Ladykillers? What about Kind Hearts and Coronets? What about Cromwell?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by philistine
You must be joking sir! :eek:

What about The Ladykillers? What about Kind Hearts and Coronets? What about Cromwell?

What about them? Good films, yes, but in Tunes of Glory the acting is superb by the entire cast. The final scene where Alec Guinness' is going through the funeral arrangements is one of the best scenes in film history.
21 Jump Street

10/10

loved every minute :smile:
Pan's Labyrinth

9/10

No film is 10/10, don't be stupid you guys.
Being John Malcovich - 9/10

one of the best weird/'wtf?' films I've seen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending