The Student Room Group

What was the last film you watched Mk. II

Scroll to see replies

True Grit (2010) - 6/10
Pulp Fiction - 9/10
The Wrong Man - 6/10
Reply 2161
Finally got round to watching X-Men: First Class, which was great.
It was a fairly balanced film and the strong lead characters helped it excel.
Original post by Roger Mexico
Pan's Labyrinth

9/10

No film is 10/10, don't be stupid you guys.

Mine was 10/10 because i added an extra 1 for :heart: Channing Tatum :heart:. He's Lush :love: xxxx
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mo-Amin
Finally got round to watching X-Men: First Class, which was great.
It was a fairly balanced film and the strong lead characters helped it excel.

Did you see Wolverines Cameo, that was funny.

Have you seen X Men Origins Wolverine? Thats my fav X Men movie so far. xxx
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by That's So Fetch

You actually enjoyed the Wolverine movie? I thought it was terrible, because it wasn't actually a story, it was just telling facts (well, facts about a fictional character). There was no plot construct.

Recently watched One Night in Mongkok. Was pretty good -- 7.5/10.
OLDBOY - 9/10

Completely entertaining from start to finish, sooo good.
Mean Girls :love:

10/10 obviously!! :teeth: :love: :love:
Original post by Nephilim
You actually enjoyed the Wolverine movie? I thought it was terrible, because it wasn't actually a story, it was just telling facts (well, facts about a fictional character). There was no plot construct.

Yep, i thought it was a good move. xxx
Reply 2168
Original post by That's So Fetch

Haha yeah, wasn't expecting it at all, great cameo.

I haven't, I've heard some mixed reviews though. I will have to check it out at some point just to see Ryan Reynolds plan Deadpool ahah =]
Crash (2004) - 7/10
Just watched Paid in Full - 6-7/10

There's a lot of quotables in there b.
Original post by Mo-Amin
Haha yeah, wasn't expecting it at all, great cameo.

I haven't, I've heard some mixed reviews though. I will have to check it out at some point just to see Ryan Reynolds plan Deadpool ahah =]

I don't think you see him as Deadpool until near the end of the movie, but the movie up until then is still worth watching. There is kind of a story there as it shows how wolverine became the way he is with regards to him not remembering anything and his name wolverine etc. Its called origins so I guess it's meant to state a few facts as well as a side story.

I thought it was a good movie, it's worth a watch. xx
The Hunger Games 7/10

This means war 5/10 - People in the cinema were laughing their heads off but I only found one scene kinda funny :tongue:
finally got round to watching District 9... gotta give it 10/10. so so so sooo good! exceeded my expectations and then some. really original, exciting, clever, and even touching at times. total breath of fresh air to the sci fi genre. loved it! :biggrin:
the last film i watched was Journey 2,it was a sequel of the original journey to the centre of the earth, which was quite exciting especially when the lizard attacks but the movie wasn't as good as the original because the creature attacks seem to stop after the lizard except for the birds and the original had a dinosaur in it.I really hope there is another sequel as hinted at in the ending of the movie-Journey 3:From the Earth to the Moon?
The Hunger Games

Well, anybody who's interested in the box office will realise what a success this film has become, and there was no less than two articles in today's Saturday Times attempting to offer an explanation behind the teenage fascination with this new franchise. To say, therefore, that expectations are high, would be an understatement.

First off, as a stand-alone film: If you have no knowledge of The Hunger Games, then this film is simply fascinating, as well as slightly creepy and weird. The plot is simple enough but the whole scenario is just bizzare! The special effects to make the Capitol were brilliant! The costume department had simply outdone themselves throughout, and the stark contrast between rich and poor was brought across in a great manner. You could tell when their budget was being stretched as they avoided the opportunity to include some very impressive shots! There was also a distinct lack of gore-y violance as they tailor the film to a teenage audience and the 12A rating. Hence some of the fighting scenes were less impressive than they could have been, but that shouldn't have taken anything away from the entertainment factor of the film unless you were looking for it. The acting was top class, with a noticeable performance for Prim. The only possible other gripe is the poor explanation of some concepts and scenes which require at least some knowledge of the characters from the book.

However, if you have read the books, then the film sheds a whole new light. Many films that have been adapted from books have usually been a flop, but this is different. It's as if the book and the film complement each other. There are parts in the film which aren't in the book which are a welcome addition. Conversely, there are subtleties in the film which you will only pick up on if you have read the book. However, as a fan of the book, Rue was far far far scarce in screen time and the importance to Katniss was not truly conveyed in a satisfactory manner - this really annoyed me. There were other things that could be picked up on but I really do not want to spoil things. A well cast film with Katniss being portrayed perfectly by Jennifer Lawrence. The flash-overs to Gale were welcome, and there are certain precursors to the second book which pop up - Rue's District 11 and a Head Gamekeeper/President Snow combo without being more specific. The actual games were reasonably accurate and the control room was a masterful set. If you are truly a fan of the franchise, the Motion Picture Score is masterful and complements the film perfectly. The track Horn of Plenty being one of my favourites. Going further with the music and into Songs from District 12 and Beyond, noticeable performances by Taylor Swift, the actual style is completely different to the radio music of today, and so is slightly refreshing.

In summary, a great film and already looking forward to the sequel. Lionsgate have tripled there money so far on this film, and it's easy to understand why. All of the big franchises in the world of film better watch out, a new contender just entered the market.

If I was to sum up my favourite film type in one film, this will be it. There is tonnes of bias in this decision, but there's tonnes of bias in the world around us, so I don't particularly care:

The Hunger Games - 10/10.
Reply 2176
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon 8/10
Reservoir Dogs - 7.8/10 It was good but again, and I don't know why this is it was a little bit slow. Maybe it's just me.
21 Jump Street.

Funniest film I have seen in years, I was in stitches throughout.

9/10.
Original post by Nirgilis
The Hunger Games

...In summary, a great film and already looking forward to the sequel. Lionsgate have tripled there money so far on this film, and it's easy to understand why. All of the big franchises in the world of film better watch out, a new contender just entered the market.

If I was to sum up my favourite film type in one film, this will be it. There is tonnes of bias in this decision, but there's tonnes of bias in the world around us, so I don't particularly care:

The Hunger Games - 10/10.

Nice review, thanks. There are 3 books, my daughter just finished reading them, is the film based on all three or can we expect sequels?

Do you think an adult would get on OK reading them? I didn't do too well with Hthe Potter books but loved the movies...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending