• 84 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bringing up Bobby. 8/10. Such a sad ending. :cry2:
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Descendants - 6.5/10 :yawn:
    • 53 followers

ReputationRep:
    I watched Napoleon Dynamite recently... a sweet High School film. Oddball is too kind a term for the main character... i enjoyed the downfall of Summer Wheatley the Miss Congeniality cheerleader.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Swordfish with John Travolta and Hugh Jackman amongst others. Great introductory scene, brilliant special effects for when it was released. 8/10.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone seen the devil inside ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Taking Of Pelham 123 (2009)- 5/10

Contagion- 7/10
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pan's Labyrinth
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good Will Hunting - 9/10

Love this film! Matt Damon is amazing in it - I would die to have his maths skills, haha!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (US)....great film so far, but just got done with the horrible rape scene :shock:...yuck.

I'd like to see the Swedish version now though.
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    Unknown - (4.5/10)

I know that movies aren't meant to be realistic as such, but blimey, this was just ridiculous in every sense of the word. The outline of the plot was fine, I had no qualms there, but with the execution of the plot line, I bought none of it. Every scenario and its outcome would simply not happen! (either that, or there was string after string of massive and fortunate coincidences). Some substandard acting by Liam Neeson (or maybe his monotonous voice got on my nerves ) just capped off the movie. It's only saving grace - great stunt driving :yep:

I would not recommend this film unless you have exhausted all other options for your evening.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang - 8/10

I'd been passing the opportunity to see this film for years, and finally got round to it tonight. I have to say, it exceeded my estimations (I'd read reviews previously). Although I've only seen a handful of Downey Jr's performances, this was definitely one of the better ones; the odd personality he put on was at times really entertaining, yet very genuine.
    • 62 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philistine)
    Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang - 8/10

I'd been passing the opportunity to see this film for years, and finally got round to it tonight. I have to say, it exceeded my estimations (I'd read reviews previously). Although I've only seen a handful of Downey Jr's performances, this was definitely one of the better ones; the odd personality he put on was at times really entertaining, yet very genuine.
    Thats where Torchwood got the name from.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wings of Desire. Absolutely loved it. The worst part of it is, I can't adequately describe it. If you don't mind subtitles, then all I can say is please watch it, because it's beautiful
    • 62 followers

ReputationRep:
    i watched the hunger games-wasn't as good as people claim only 7/10 because i thought many things were a bit daft eg.cheating,sponsors.One off comments like 10% die because of dehydration and 20% because of starvation.You can't die of starvation in 2 weeks and dehydration is unlikely because there was water and you could drink loads beforehand.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    i watched the hunger games-wasn't as good as people claim only 7/10 because i thought many things were a bit daft eg.cheating,sponsors.One off comments like 10% die because of dehydration and 20% because of starvation.You can't die of starvation in 2 weeks and dehydration is unlikely because there was water and you could drink loads beforehand.
    In those conditions starvation is likely to lead to a lot of death indirectly and even then, you try not eating for 2 weeks while trying to evade 12 people trying to kill you and see if you have enough energy to do anything.

Read the books for explanations on why it's hard to get water.
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    They were also commenting on previous games; some of which had taken place in climates where it was difficult to get food and water (e.g the deserts) where death by dehydration and starvation is entirely plausible within the time frames they specify. As was stated above - read the books for a better explanation. Some of the other aspects of the films weren't explained properly either. To get the full experience and complete understanding, you need to have seen and read The Hunger Games :yep:
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Divide - 5/10

Beginning is like any nuclear attack then hide in bunker cliche, the story line is boring but it gets better later on and exposes the sort of self-interest of people in that scenario. The acting's not the best either.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fright Night (1985) 6/10

It was ok, I prefer the remake.

David Tennant as Peter Vincent (in the remake) GENIOUS xxx
    • 140 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hannibal, 9/10

:hide:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail - 8.5/10
    I could never have anticipated the crazy amounts of LOLs present in this film!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 31, 2014
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki film section

Quick link:

Unanswered film threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.