The Student Room Group

What was the last film you watched Mk. II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2360
Fiddler on the roof
8/10
Reply 2361
Prometheus - 8/10 (Take with a pinch of salt as I've never watched anything from the Alien franchise.)

Snow White and the Huntsman - 5/10
Reply 2362
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - 9/10. Loved every minute of it.
'How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days' - 8/10... I have to admit, I love chic flicks and I adore Matthew McConaughey so yeah 8/10 :h:
The Artist :love: It took me ages to realise that the butler was Malcolm McDowell :colondollar: Loved it, in short; I'm glad it beat most of the other crap at the Oscars (The Help, ELAIC, War Horse - I'm looking at you). 9/10
'You Again' - 2/10... WTF, why did I keep watching :facepalm2:

Edit: 'What Women Want' - 9/10, holy crap that was good, I think perhaps that was the first Mel Gibson film I have seen and my god was he good in it... 9/10! :h:
(edited 11 years ago)
Season of the Witch - 8/10.

It was surprisingly good. It's one of Nic Cage's better movies.
Taken 10/10
'Eurotrip' - 5/10... Vinnie Jones and various breasts is all it is good for :smile:
Rock of Ages - 3/10.

Well that's the last time we pick a random movie to spend a bored hangover day going to see. I'm a closet 80s rock fan so I actually enjoyed the soundtrack. That's where the 3 points are coming from. But everything else was terrible - no likeable characters, no real plot and forgettable performances all-round. Even Tom Cruise, who seems to be getting praise for his role as the rock god Stacie Jaxx, bored the **** out of me every time he was on-screen.

Boo to this. :naughty:
My Sister's Keeper, when it was on Channel 4 the other night.

I'd read the book and really liked it, thought the film would be rubbish in comparison but I actually ended up crying at the end. The book still > film though.
The Avengers (or Marvel Avengers Assemble, or whatever BS name you've been stuck with in Blighty) - 7/10. Great ensemble saves a patchy, overly long and convoluted script.
Rise of the Planet of the Apes - 8/10 :biggrin:
MegaMind - 9/10

REALLY funny, had plenty of laugh-out-loud moments
Rock of Ages - bit too dramatic for me but was pure laughs 8.5/10
I'm having a Lord of the Rings trip down memory lane and am watching the Two Towers and Return of the King in installments because they're so long and I haven't watched them for years. Finished The Two Towers yesterday and was just reminded of how awesome a film it is - took me back 10 years watching that orc army advance on Helm's Deep in the cinema. Plus the versions I'm watching are unedited so there are scenes I haven't seen before including a cool one that shows Boromir and Faramirs relationship with their father a bit more.

The Two Towers - 10/10.
The Return of the King - 9/10

Just outstanding films.
Original post by CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
I'm having a Lord of the Rings trip down memory lane and am watching the Two Towers and Return of the King in installments because they're so long and I haven't watched them for years. Finished The Two Towers yesterday and was just reminded of how awesome a film it is - took me back 10 years watching that orc army advance on Helm's Deep in the cinema. Plus the versions I'm watching are unedited so there are scenes I haven't seen before including a cool one that shows Boromir and Faramirs relationship with their father a bit more.

The Two Towers - 10/10.
The Return of the King - 9/10

Just outstanding films.

How do you think The Hobbit will compare in december?
Original post by Urchin103
How do you think The Hobbit will compare in december?

I honestly don't know much about it to be honest, haven't even seen the trailer for it yet. I take it Peter Jackson is directing? I imagine if that is the case the expectation will be on a par with the LOTR trilogy and I expect he'll deliver.
I did read the book years ago and recall it was pretty good.

Fingers crossed!
'The Big Year' - 8/10, I was quite surprised at how much I enjoyed it :h:
The Amazing Spiderman - 7.5/10

Quick Reply

Latest