The Student Room Group

What was the last film you watched Mk. II

Scroll to see replies

The American Friend. A bit too slow-burn at points but it's a good thriller with actual characters/relationships/plot/questions/etc. Good performances from both Dennis Hopper and Bruno Ganz too. 8/10
Breakdown
Nice B-movie, good performance from Kurt Russell.
7/10
Return to the Blue Lagoon, quite an achievement to make a film worse than the first one. Still, at least the acting wasn't so bad this time. 6/10.
Premium Rush

Starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Michael Shannon. Yep, pretty A list , yet I'd never heard of it. It was a decent thriller but the ending should've been a lot better. I enjoyed it though. As a nice afternoon movie 7/10
Original post by silent ninja
Premium Rush

Starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Michael Shannon. Yep, pretty A list , yet I'd never heard of it. It was a decent thriller but the ending should've been a lot better. I enjoyed it though. As a nice afternoon movie 7/10

I was really impressed by Premium Rush, but like you, I hadn't heard much of it until I stumbled across it online. It didn't seem to have a big cinema push despite the strength of its cast.

Made a nice change having an action movie set on bicycles rather than cars, though!
Original post by Mackay
I was really impressed by Premium Rush, but like you, I hadn't heard much of it until I stumbled across it online. It didn't seem to have a big cinema push despite the strength of its cast.

Made a nice change having an action movie set on bicycles rather than cars, though!

I thought the package was going to be a bomb! There's a Korean movie that's similar but on motorbikes, and he gets stitched up with a bomb and has to do certain tasks or they'll kill him.

I like both of these leads. Michael Shannon is plays creepy far too easily and Joseph Levitt has been awesome ever since 3rd Rock from the sun.
17 Girls - 7/10
Rocky - 8/10
Never Back Down - 7/10
Original post by silent ninja
I thought the package was going to be a bomb! There's a Korean movie that's similar but on motorbikes, and he gets stitched up with a bomb and has to do certain tasks or they'll kill him.

I like both of these leads. Michael Shannon is plays creepy far too easily and Joseph Levitt has been awesome ever since 3rd Rock from the sun.

Shannon would be my go-to guy in Hollywood for smarmy/creepy bad guy right now.
Shaun of the Dead, last night.

Does nae need a rating.

"You got red on you"
Man On Fire - 8/10
Teenage mutant ninja turtles - 5.5/10

Before anyone asks, no, not in the UK lol. Not sure why it's coming out here so late here :s-smilie:
Cinderella Man - 8/10

Good Will Hunting - 8.5/10....RIP Robin Williams :frown:
The Purge.

6.5/10

Quite good for a "serious" horror movie. I enjoyed the moral ambiguity & it was genuinely tense in parts.
Meet the Parents - 6/10

The Silence of the Lambs - 8/10

Its Kind of a Funny Story - 7/10
Punch-drunk love - 7/10

Adam Sandler how you haven't seen him before (or after)
Inbetweeners 2 - 6/10.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty in Pink 6.5/10. Not sure why it's considered so great I have to say.
Meet the Fockers - 6/10

Transcendence - 7/10
Original post by Kubrick
If.... - 1968 - Lindsay Anderson
8/10

My favourite film of all time! Would recommend it to anyone...

Quick Reply

Latest