The Student Room Group

What was the last film you watched Mk. II

Scroll to see replies

Bruno! 8/10
That's My Boy....Don't go there :indiff: Awful (knew it would be but still.)
The decendants 9/10 with the lovely George Clooney ❤️

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Descendants - touching and amusing in almost equal measure. 8/10.

Posted from TSR Mobile
watched 'American Beauty' again - 8.5/10
The equalizer- 3/10

Posted from TSR Mobile
Locke 7/10
Gone Girl - 8/10. I've never read the book, so I wasn't privy to the ending or the twists throughout. The structure of the book of two narratives is done really well, though. It's a cynical social satire that meets murder mystery. It's quite like The Game in parts - but it's also got ties to The Social Network in terms of the humorous undertones/emphasis on social media, perception etc. It's a masterfully made thing and Fincher again makes an amazing piece of cinema - Affleck is OK, I wouldn't say any better than that, but Rosamund Pike is really powerful as Amy. The soundtrack - by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, like The Social Network's - is really powerful and atmospheric, too.

I genuinely can't think of a bad Fincher movie. People talk about Nolan, Tarantino...he's up there with them for me.
Samurai Trilogy (Miyamoto Musashi, Duel at Ichijoji Temple, Duel at Ganryu Island) - 7/10. Great films.
The Last American Virgin, I think the ending scarred me for life :cry2:
The Call - 3/10. Should have turned it off after I saw it was made by WWE productions to be honest. Haven't seen a film with Halle Berry in for so long, so I was kind of intrigued when I saw this on Sky Movies. It was, for the majority, a predictable thriller with some decent jumps and nonsensical plot devices. It's the type of film that would be great to watch in a dark room at university when you are trying to pass the hours between lectures, but for film fans, it was nothing special in the slightest. Avoid.
Gone girl.

And my conclusion:
:tongue:

Original post by HeavyTeddy
The equalizer- 3/10

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you trolling all I have been hearing is praises.
Little Miss Sunshine - 7/10
Original post by Mackay
I genuinely can't think of a bad Fincher movie. People talk about Nolan, Tarantino...he's up there with them for me.

He does seem to be very consistent. All films I've seen by him I'd rate as good or better and looking through his filmography I can't see anything that approaches having a bad rep. Looking foward to Gone Girl.
Original post by Prandtl
He does seem to be very consistent. All films I've seen by him I'd rate as good or better and looking through his filmography I can't see anything that approaches having a bad rep. Looking foward to Gone Girl.

The only one which has disappointed me is The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - and that's only because I liked the book so much! What a filmmaker.
Original post by Mackay
The only one which has disappointed me is The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - and that's only because I liked the book so much! What a filmmaker.

One of the ones I've not seen yet. Have you seen the Scandinavian version of it?
Original post by Prince Kael'thas
Are you trolling all I have been hearing is praises.

Not trolling at all. Honestly, it was incredibly cliched and characterization was terrible. You never find out pretty much anything about the main character, the other characters are just there to supply basic background information and other than that are pretty much blank canvases who you know barely anything about. Apart from the fight scenes (they're awesome), it's your standard, unoriginal action film with mediocre to terrible acting skills throughout.
Original post by Prandtl
One of the ones I've not seen yet. Have you seen the Scandinavian version of it?

I have not! Been meaning to, though. Any good?

I watched the Swedish version of the TV series The Killing and adored it - the American remake came nowhere near.
Original post by Mackay
I have not! Been meaning to, though. Any good?

I watched the Swedish version of the TV series The Killing and adored it - the American remake came nowhere near.

Oh I haven't seen it either :redface: Was just wondering how they would compare.

Saw the third series of The Killing. Very good. The Bridge's great too.

Quick Reply

Latest