The Student Room Group

What was the last film you watched Mk. II

Scroll to see replies

Now You See Me 2 - 7/10
I watched The Guest and We Need To Talk About Kevin last night in a double bill.

I really enjoyed The Guest, the acting was brilliant and the fact that it has an 80s stylish feel is awesome. The soundtrack is great too and the story is easy to follow and exciting. 8/10

I thought We Need To Talk About Kevin was a good film, but I thought it was extremely depressing. It put me in a bit of a sad mood last night, and I think next time I watch two films I'll watch the more depressing one first. 8/10
Eddie the Eagle - 8.5/10

Everybody Want's some - 7.5/10
Original post by Kendrik Lamar
Unfortunately, there are only 2 other Tarantino-directed films I can recommend: The Hateful Eight, and Inglourious Basterds. But there are other classics with his fingerprints in different credits. Natural Born Killers was his story, and he also wrote the screenplay for True Romance, which I think is my favorite movie of all time.

Hello, just checking in to say that I have just finished watching 'True Romance' and I loved it so much! I prefer it to all the Tarentino films I have watched so far and it's definitely one of the best films I have ever watched. I think it perfectly combines the violence of a Tarentino movie with sympathetic characters and a more developed plot. Thanks so much for recommending it!
p.s i love you (watching it right now)
Original post by Platopus
Hello, just checking in to say that I have just finished watching 'True Romance' and I loved it so much! I prefer it to all the Tarentino films I have watched so far and it's definitely one of the best films I have ever watched. I think it perfectly combines the violence of a Tarentino movie with sympathetic characters and a more developed plot. Thanks so much for recommending it!

A great film with loads of cameos/smaller rolls for big actors (Val Kilmer was the Elvis that appears to Clarence).
If you like Asian cinema then you should watch the films that Clarence and Alabama go to see on their date, the Streetfighter films. They star Sonny Chiba who played Hattori Hanzo in Kill Bill vol. 1.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
A great film with loads of cameos/smaller rolls for big actors (Val Kilmer was the Elvis that appears to Clarence).
If you like Asian cinema then you should watch the films that Clarence and Alabama go to see on their date, the Streetfighter films. They star Sonny Chiba who played Hattori Hanzo in Kill Bill vol. 1.

Thanks :smile: will look into them. Wow, can't believe I'm enjoying so many violent movies!
Now You See Me 2 - 5/10
Meh... Big plotholes.
True Romance
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Now You See Me 2 - 5/10
Meh... Big plotholes.

Oh, I really liked the first one - it's a shame the second isn't as good! I was thinking of going to see it.
Conjuring 2 {1/10}
i bailed and left the cinema 30 mins into the movie :angry:
Don't judge me :cry2:

True Romance has it all: Classic Tarantino Dialogue, Awesomely Twisted Plot, Extremely Enjoyable Violence, Classic Scenes (the Mexican stand-off in the end, the Walken-Hopper encounter, and the Virgil-Alabama fight stand out as the best), Sympathetic Characters (I don't want to expose something to spoil it for you since you enjoyed the movie so much, so I'll let you simmer a bit), Great Acting (list is too long, but this is also where Gandolfini got his notorious rep within his 15mins. Brad Pit is also in it. And, like always, Gary Oldman gave 1000% to the role of psycho pimp Drexl). True Romance is my G.O.A.T!
(edited 7 years ago)
True Romance has it all: Classic Tarantino Dialogue, Awesomely Twisted Plot, Extremely Enjoyable Violence, Classic Scenes (the Mexican stand-off in the end, the Walken-Hopper encounter, and the Virgil-Alabama fight stand out as the best), Sympathetic Characters (I don't want to expose something to spoil it for you since you enjoyed the movie so much, so I'll let you simmer a bit), Great Acting (list is too long, but this is also where Gandolfini got his notorious rep within his 15mins. Brad Pit is also in it. And, like always, Gary Oldman gave 1000% to the role of psycho pimp Drexl). True Romance is my G.O.A.T!

Couldn't have put it better! Wait, what would spoil it for me? You can't say that and not tell me what it is - pleeeeaaasseeee!

By the way, since you have such a good taste in movies, which do you prefer: The Hateful Eight, or Inglorious Basterds?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9553
The Hurricane - 7.5/10
By the way, since you have such a good taste in movies, which do you prefer: The Hateful Eight, or Inglorious Basterds?

Watch both...lol.
But if I had to pick one, I'd say Inglorious Basterds. It is Extremely Enjoyable
Watch both...lol.
But if I had to pick one, I'd say Inglorious Basterds. It is Extremely Enjoyable

Advice duly taken!
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me

Very misunderstood film but a great addition to the series, imo. Not Lynch's best by any measure, but still great. Watched that and have started the series again in preparation for the new one. :ahee:

What do you think about it @twin peaks ?
Red Eye (5/10) - poor dialogue, thin plot, one of the least edge of your seat thrillers I've ever seen. Thankfully it was only an hour and twenty minutes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Robot and Frank - 6/10

Posted from TSR Mobile
Now You See Me 2. I thought it was good, up until I saw Daniel Radcliffe play the baddie!

Quick Reply

Latest