The Student Room Group

What was the last film you watched Mk. II

Scroll to see replies

Transformers: Dark Side of The Moon. (4/10)

I'm restraining myself from having a bit of a b*tch about it, because it's good at just being a robots-blowing-up-action-everywhere sort of film but that's all it is.

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect it to be a really in-depth film or anything, but the script wasn't good at all; a lot of the time the character Sam was just repeating "No-no-no-no-no!!!" whilst running away from some explosion. And I noticed chunks of dialogue taken from Star Trek. :lolwut: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is a model, that's what she's good at, maybe in another film she would be a good actress but she was essentially used as eye-candy in this. (Yes, I am slightly jelly :shifty:)

The soundtrack was a mixture of dramatic scores and ill-placed acoustic ballads which contrasted the picture.

I obviously went in there expecting far too much, so maybe I'm being overly critical of what essentially is a kids film. Or maybe it was the wine bringing the aggression out of me... I don't know. Sorry for the rambling.
Reply 1321
'He's just not that into you' - yet another romcom :laugh: think I'm starting to go soft. It was really good, simultaneously made me want to scream (so cringe-worthy :o:) & piss myself laughing, very funny film & better than I expected considering I got it for £3 because it had drew barrymore in :colondollar: *7/10*
Reply 1322
I watched 'All Quiet on the Western Front' today, great film. Although, I did have to put subtitles on. :biggrin:
Original post by briesandwich
Transformers: Dark Side of The Moon. (4/10)

I'm restraining myself from having a bit of a b*tch about it, because it's good at just being a robots-blowing-up-action-everywhere sort of film but that's all it is.

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect it to be a really in-depth film or anything, but the script wasn't good at all; a lot of the time the character Sam was just repeating "No-no-no-no-no!!!" whilst running away from some explosion. And I noticed chunks of dialogue taken from Star Trek. :lolwut: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is a model, that's what she's good at, maybe in another film she would be a good actress but she was essentially used as eye-candy in this. (Yes, I am slightly jelly :shifty:)

The soundtrack was a mixture of dramatic scores and ill-placed acoustic ballads which contrasted the picture.

I obviously went in there expecting far too much, so maybe I'm being overly critical of what essentially is a kids film. Or maybe it was the wine bringing the aggression out of me... I don't know. Sorry for the rambling.

Did you never see the first one? exactly the same as what you described.
(edited 12 years ago)
Bad Teacher. We did want to see Pirates of the Caribbean but it wasn't on Orange Wednesdays....or something.

Anyway. If they replaced the word "teacher" in the title with "film" it would be highly descriptive of what you would to see.
Original post by noggins
Did you never see the first one? exactly the same as what you described.

Yeah, the first one didn't bother me as much because it was.. well, the first. The more sequels they make the more painful it is to watch the recycled cliques from the first all over again. :rolleyes:
Reply 1326
Road Trip beer pong. :biggrin:
Reply 1327
Last Of The Mohicans - 9/10
The Italian Job(original version) - 10/10
Enemy Of The State - 9/10
Bridesmaids :smile:

awesome film, would recommend, much better than I thought it'd be!
The Hangover (I was late to this) - 6.5/10. Found it to be meh really.
Reply 1330
I watched phone booth last night.

For a film about a man in a phone booth for an hour, it was a surprisingly good film. :smile:
My Droogs, the last sinny I did viddy was A Clockwork Orange and right horrorshow it was...
(edited 12 years ago)
whoa, where has this thread been all my life. time to join in :biggrin:

the adjustment bureau - 8/10
limitless - 7/10
no strings attached - 10/10
Recently I've watched 'Bad Teacher' and it was disappointing, dull, boring ...

There was a few laughs here and there but overall I couldn't wait for the movie to finish, it was just weird. One thing I couldn't understand though was Justin Timberlake's role? it was absolutely unnecessary!

I give it 1.5/5
Reply 1334
Milk- 8.5/10
Double Dhamaal. Not really into indian movies but this one was awesomee :biggrin:

Repo Men/Repo! The Genetic Opera.

It is believed that the former is a 'hollywood' remake of the latter, being a musical made by the makers of the Saw series. Neither are great, but both are somewhat entertaining in a way that only organ-removal companies can deliver.
And I believe The Genetic Opera is also available to watch for free on youtube.
Original post by Zionic
I watched phone booth last night.

For a film about a man in a phone booth for an hour, it was a surprisingly good film. :smile:

I agree, it's an enjoyable watch. I remained very unsympathetic to Colin Farrell's character throughout though :colone:
I suppose American Beauty was the last proper film I watched. But then there's been loads of other **** on tv like Kung Fu Panda and The Holiday more recently.
Reply 1339
I watched 'Armoured' on sky movies today. It was a good film, but the ending was a bit naff.

Quick Reply