The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Well, I do sometimes be on the alert if I am walking home with somebody at night and sometimes even day. Example, I would be finishing school very late and then walk home with a friend after doing some lighting work at a local school for some play. Sometimes we are walking down some creepy dark alleys and we don't know what will just pop out round the corner and attack us, we both took it slowly and pretended we weren't scared. If the situation arose (such as if we encountered some drunk chavs) we would plan ahead and discuss what action we should take. ^^

As noobcake said before, I do feel like I have a responsibility if I am walking home with someone, especially a girl. I don't know why, I just feel that somebody has to do the looking out so I think it has to be me because the girl is a girl (no offence girls, I am sure you are responsible as well). It is just that in that situation the male has the instinct to be protective and dominant.

I have also heard that women tend to react more to the cries of their child and men react more to something that threatens their whole family (such as some creep randomly knocking on your window at midnight or some cats throwing bricks on your wall...).

Latest

Trending

Trending