The Student Room Group

Meeting entry requirements - quick question.

Hey, I have (another) quick question about my application. Say a university offers me BBB, and I already have a distinction at a btec award (and the university has stated they accept this qualification equivalent to an A2)...
If I get BBC (non-specific) at A level this year excluding BTEC that i've already done are they allowed to reject me? Effectively I will have Distinction,B,B,C so it is meeting the requirements... but are they allowed in any way to just look at the grades I get next year, and ignore the distinction and reject me?

Cheers :smile:
When you get the offer they will tell you what grades you need to get. For example my Imperial offer said:

Your offer consists of
A* in Maths
Merit in Maths(AEA)
A in Physics
A in Computing

So if you dont meet all the requirements they don't need to let you in.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
They may take the BTEC award that you already have into account in making the grade offer. You are supposed to meet or exceed the offer made to be allowed on the course - occasionally people fall short and still get accepted but you can't rely on that happening.
Reply 3
ohhh so they give you conditions for each A level subject?
Reply 4
Sometimes they'll just say ABB and not say which subject the A has to be in (or ask for a set number of points) but often they are specific about grade and subject.
Reply 5
They may make you a lower offer as you already have the BTEC. If they did this and you missed the lower offer they'd be unlikely to accept you. If they give you the usual offer and you miss it you can use your BTEC to try to convince them to let you in anyway
Reply 6
Juno
They may make you a lower offer as you already have the BTEC. If they did this and you missed the lower offer they'd be unlikely to accept you. If they give you the usual offer and you miss it you can use your BTEC to try to convince them to let you in anyway

Perfect, that cleared it up. +rep :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending