The Student Room Group

A-levels for drama school application...?

Hi! I've been dealing with some pretty upsetting problems at home for the past 2 years and I've been going to therapy etc and trying to deal with them. Just got 2As and an E in my AS-levels and I'm applying to drama school this year. I would really love to drop my psychology A-level (which I got an E in) and just continue with my English and drama. You see I just moved school and have been getting a lot of trouble from some people in my psychology class who have been making me incredibly anxious and upset. The only reason I ever took it was that they didn't do media (which I really wanted to do). Anyway things at home have become increasingly worse and I just had a short stay in a psychiatric unit after a suicide attempt. I just can't deal with the people in the class anymore combined with the workload. Do you think it would matter if I was applying to drama school with just 2 A-levels? If i don't get in this year, I was planning on retaking another A-level at a tech and applying to normal uni. But my dream is drama school.
Reply 1
Some good advice on getting into drama school here.
Drama Schools will not hold it against you at all, most either have no entry requirements (Oxford School of Drama, Bristol Old Vic, RSAMD -basically the ones which aren't on UCAS) and the ones that are on UCAS (Guildhall, Central, Rose Bruford) make offers based on 2 A-levels so you are definitely fine! (Also if they like you based on audition then its more likely that they will give you an unconditional offer:smile:

Latest