The Student Room Group
Lol, you're 14, go out and play.
Generally you need three things on a CV:

Good grades (Obviously A levels and a degree)
Work experience (preferably at more than one law firm, the sooner you start the better really)
Extra-curriculars ( DofE award, charity work, clubs and societies etc)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Anything starting from internships to a part-time job. You might be interested in starting the Duke of Edinburgh Award, World Challenge or even volunteer somewhere during weekends. Since you are starting your GCSEs, you could consider being a prefect and start peer mentoring your peers from younger year groups. This will display that you are a good problem solver (as you are helping students with their emotional and academic needs), a well rounded, trustworthy citizen and are an excellent communicator.

Hope this helped a little ! :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
It's great that u r planning ahead and starting early.
I'm not really sure about Law but do look out for any related programmes online and plan lots of time for revision. U need good grade + all the extra involvement.
Good luck!
The thing about work experience is generally employers are only interested in the last three years. So nothing you do now will help you get a grad job, however an internship will, and you will find it easier to get an internship if you have done work experience, so the earlier you start the easier it should be later on.
Reply 6
thx u guys this has help me, only a few more months till my GCSE hope it goes well
Join the police cadets or somethi like that, I want to be a lawyer too. I'm sure it puts you ahead of everyone else !!!
make sure you don't get a criminal record...

Latest

Trending

Trending