The Student Room Group

La Tasca, 50% off voucher... Minimin age!?

Me and my boyfriend were wanting to go for a meal tomorrow and found La Tasca are doing 50% off the bill, score!

However we're both 16 and randomly one of the T+Cs is that its 'over 18s only' Bit strange for a voucher!

What do you think? We're not intending to get any alcohol and we do look old enough to not arise suspicion - it seems a bit strange we'd be Id'd when handing over a discount voucher!
Worse that could happen if that we're ask and declined the deduction but you agree its rather unlikely yes?
Reply 1
Well i'm sure you would be fine, depends how you dress as well i guess. If you seem mature and dressed formally/dressed up a bit, they probably be fine with it. Also, very odd that it's for 18 and over - the voucher :/. Also make sure the meal isn't too expensive if your worried about paying full amount - only if you wish to make it cheaper lol. I hope you two have a nice meal!
Reply 2
bumbles
Me and my boyfriend were wanting to go for a meal tomorrow and found La Tasca are doing 50% off the bill, score!

However we're both 16 and randomly one of the T+Cs is that its 'over 18s only' Bit strange for a voucher!

What do you think? We're not intending to get any alcohol and we do look old enough to not arise suspicion - it seems a bit strange we'd be Id'd when handing over a discount voucher!
Worse that could happen if that we're ask and declined the deduction but you agree its rather unlikely yes?

tbh I think it'll be fine :smile: I went to la tasca with my parents and used this voucher. I think it said the whole table was supposed to be 18 and I'm 17 but they didn't even give me a funny look let alone ask for ID. Worst that will happen is that you can't use the voucher and chances are it'll be fine! Claim to not have read the Ts&Cs :wink:
Reply 3
Reply 4
RiaChi14
Well i'm sure you would be fine, depends how you dress as well i guess. If you seem mature and dressed formally/dressed up a bit, they probably be fine with it. Also, very odd that it's for 18 and over - the voucher :/. Also make sure the meal isn't too expensive if your worried about paying full amount - only if you wish to make it cheaper lol. I hope you two have a nice meal!

Hey thanks for the response! Yeah I'm about 90% convinced it would be fine but still have that little bit of doubt haha! We'd spend what we would spend if we were going to bella italia or somewhere (the original plan) but the saving would be appreciated :')

Latest

Trending

Trending