The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ventricles
:eek: I Cannot believe how short your list is, i have loooooads of stuff packed to take! I mean i have 2 holdalls just for clothes!! :biggrin:
i might be starting to think i'm taking too much :redface:

Oooh i leave tomorrow, soooo exciting! :smile:

That's more like me! I'm taking LOADS of stuff with me!
Reply 21
How about some mugs? Otherwise what's the point of the kettle :rolleyes:
Reply 22
Hoofbeat
How about some mugs? Otherwise what's the point of the kettle :rolleyes:

or plastic cups that come with the kettle :redface:
Here's some stuff on my 'to take' list (a list which is useful to make, but I still always manage to forget something at the last minute!) that you haven't got:

* Razor
* Mobile phone (obvious, but dont accidently leave it!)
* Toaster?
* Any DVDs if you have them - they really are very useful.
* A couple of blank CDs (although I only need these for my own music work)
* Some form of charger for the batteries in your camera (unless it has another way of charging).
* Bank details, something with your NI number and your passport.
* Pads of paper and blue folders (although I suppose you can buy these when you get here if you like).
* Don't forget all your relevant books!
*...or any necessary cables for your laptop. I managed to leave home both my laptop charger AND my ethernet cable one! (but I'm an idiot)
Don't worry- I take so many clothes my friends laugh at me, they don't even fit in the wardrobe! :eek: But I don't have to do as much washing...make sure you bring plenty of underwear and socks cos they're always the 1st things you run out of!
Reply 25
dancingqueen
Don't worry- I take so many clothes my friends laugh at me, they don't even fit in the wardrobe! :eek:

Yes that'll be me! Far too much, But we need it all 'just in case' :biggrin:
Yes that'll be me! Far too much, But we need it all 'just in case'

I hope you have a roof rack...

...or a removal van :p:
Reply 27
Sgt.Pepper
I hope you have a roof rack...

...or a removal van :p:

Surely you've seen my car Chris, nicknamed the Ventress Bus (a la Wallace) :biggrin: and yes singing does generally accompany this

Although maybe i'll need the trailer as well as the espace.......
Reply 28
Clothes
Kettle/Toaster/George Formby :wink:/Fridge
Conchooter
Camera
Bedding
Plates and stuff
Mugs - about 5 lol
Photos
Steering wheel
Nassau Panel
Piston
Badminton stuff
Dartboard
Hiking stuff
Bike
Books
Textbooks
Ox Bumpf
Shtationary shtuff
Phone
School Tie
Teddy Bear
Formal Clothing stuff - mainly suit, dj, shirt+bowtie
Clackerlator
Torch
Sleepy bag
Brew Kit

thats just the stuff i've piled at the bottom of my bedroom or dwonstairs in the hall. hell knows what'll happen when the parents get involved :s:
Reply 29
clothes+books+some sort of bedding for the first couple of nights are in my suitcase.. not much more will fit I think
Reply 30
extension lead? (am trying to think of more "manly" things, as I know you guys don't take as much as us ladies :p: )
Reply 31
oxymoron
or plastic cups that come with the kettle :redface:

Have you washed them this time? :rolleyes:

Dancingqueen
Don't worry- I take so many clothes my friends laugh at me, they don't even fit in the wardrobe! :eek:

This is why it's useful to have the bf living opposite this year - yay I can use his wardrobe :p: :smile:
Reply 32
what about those multiplug socket things? i got three for some reason...
Reply 33
El Chueco
what about those multiplug socket things? i got three for some reason...

it's far safer to get liken a 6-plug extension lead rather than the 3-way adapters that u plug directly into sockets....particularly as the colleges have a habit of sticking huge great cupboards/bookshelves infront of the actual plug sockets! You need to get ones with surge protection though.
Reply 34
Hoofbeat
This is why it's useful to have the bf living opposite this year - yay I can use his wardrobe :p: :smile:

Oh dear Simon. Independence is over :p:
Reply 35
H&E
Oh dear Simon. Independence is over :p:

Did he ever have indepence? :rolleyes: Besides he agreed I could use his wardrobe!!! I tidy his room every so often, thus I get to use his wardrobe :cool:
El Chueco

Teddy Bear
:

:smile: yay!

You're at Lincoln right? Are you living in the Mitre? I'm on SC 16 this year but was lucky last year to have a room in the Mitre with a big wardrobe....unlike my 1st year room which had a door across the corner of the room with one rail, and NO drawers at all! :eek:

I did the quote thing wrong doh!
And yes, hundreds of extension leads...some rooms in Lincoln have one plug socket!!
Reply 39
dancingqueen
Are you living in the Mitre? I'm on SC 16 this year

Ooh, we're both in SC 16 too, we can have a TSR SC16 party :p: .