The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hoofbeat
it's far safer to get liken a 6-plug extension lead rather than the 3-way adapters that u plug directly into sockets....particularly as the colleges have a habit of sticking huge great cupboards/bookshelves infront of the actual plug sockets! You need to get ones with surge protection though.

thesm the ones i mean. not the cube things - they're crap.
Reply 41
Well I tried to attach my fully comprehensive and amazing list to make people taking lots of stuff feel better but it's too big *sob*
Reply 42
Hmm anything people might not have thought of??
Squash!! If you have a kettle make sure you have squash - Oxford water is manky, and hot squash is teh rox0r when you're cold and wet!!
Make sure you have flu remedy type things for freshers flu!
Oh and teaspoons... that only occured to me recently!
Reply 43
oxymoron
Ooh, we're both in SC 16 too, we can have a TSR SC16 party :p: .

<Sob!> I feel so left out! I'm stuck at the other end of the Mitre!
Reply 44
Bekaboo
Squash!! If you have a kettle make sure you have squash - Oxford water is manky, and hot squash is teh rox0r when you're cold and wet!!

hot vimto is "teh rox0r" when its cold and wet you mean...
Bekaboo

i think i got freshers flu already. but teaspoons sound cool.
Reply 45
Bekaboo

Ribena! The way to go!

Bekaboo

Also vitamin C tablets. Very useful in staving off illness for as long as possible.
Reply 46
Is it worth taking your A-level notes because I have quite a few folders?
Reply 47
Heh yup I've got flu and I'm not even a fresher yet... and a sprained ankle ... bring on my room on the 3rd floor!! :eek:
But I have chewable vitamin C tablets anyway :biggrin: A present from my sis
Bekaboo

Has anyone drunk the Cambridge water? :rolleyes: Trust me, you wouldn't be complaining about Oxford water, if you drank the Tab one :p:
Reply 49
fleur-de-lis
Has anyone drunk the Cambridge water? :rolleyes: Trust me, you wouldn't be complaining about Oxford water, if you drank the Tab one :p:

it's an acquired taste! No i agree it is pretty foul, but only because i am used to london water...wherever i go the water tastes wierd.
Dizzykiki
<Sob!> I feel so left out! I'm stuck at the other end of the Mitre!

last year I was the furthest room away from the entrance practically... :rolleyes: my dad was not impressed at having to carry my stuff all the way up! But this year I'm the closest room to the entrance on 16! :biggrin: think of all the exercise you'll get walking through the mitre ...... :p:
Reply 51
dancingqueen
last year I was the furthest room away from the entrance practically... :rolleyes: my dad was not impressed at having to carry my stuff all the way up! But this year I'm the closest room to the entrance on 16! :biggrin: think of all the exercise you'll get walking through the mitre ...... :p:

Ooo you must be below Simon then and opposite Medic Ruth (she's below me).
Reply 52
Aww no fair why am I the only Jesubite :frown:
Reply 53
dancingqueen

Eeek. I'm arriving a day early, so I don't think there will be many helping hands and I have a huge suitcase. In the event that I actually get to my college with it, then being anywhere higher up that the first floor will mean that I'll sleep over in the hall .. until someone comes and helps me :frown:

*but i'm all packed now.. threw out half of the stuff, cause I would have violated the weight limit, severely. My room shall be empty and cold.
Reply 54
Are you an international then?
Reply 55
Bekaboo
Are you an international then?

I'm guessing Thailand?
Reply 56
oxymoron
I'm guessing Thailand?

Mhm, where did you know that? (I probably posted somewhere.. ) But no, I did IB there, but I'm home right now - Estonia (much, much closer luckily :smile:)
Reply 57
hashy
Mhm, where did you know that? (I probably posted somewhere.. ) But no, I did IB there, but I'm home right now - Estonia (much, much closer luckily :smile:)

Heh, just did a quick google on your school from your profile :wink: *Is not a stalker. Honest* :rolleyes:
Reply 58
Oooo wow Thailand pretty... my boyfriend's Daddy just moved out there this summer!
Reply 59
phone charger phone charger phone charger

About a third of people forget them.