Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what are you taking?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RxB)
    phone charger phone charger phone charger

About a third of people forget them.
    Take note Kirsty ... you need to remember 2 phone chargers and some DVDs too :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone bringing a bike?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grifter)
    Anyone bringing a bike?
    yeh, helmet and lights and everything...
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are there places I can buy a bike down there? We don't have a bike rack for the new car. :s:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    Are there places I can buy a bike down there? We don't have a bike rack for the new car. :s:
    Yes.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxymoron)
    Yes.
    Do you know any names?...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    Do you know any names?...
    Place off turl street by covered market. Don't know names but they have new and also second hand bikes I think and can provide tyres/repairs and stuff. Never used it myself but pass it all the time! Celebrations, a good bop shopping place, is almost next door.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    sleeping pills. I hate taking unnecessary pills, but I hated my 2 weeks of insomnia last time i crossed "the pond" even more.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Should I buy a bike when in the first term, will there be a place to store it at holidays, rather than dragging it back and forth to Dorset 6 times a year?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whauden)
    Should I buy a bike when in the first term, will there be a place to store it at holidays, rather than dragging it back and forth to Dorset 6 times a year?
    don't know...depends on your college. Lincoln has an underground locked bike shed and I'm hoping my bike will still be there when I get back <crosses fingers>
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    don't know...depends on your college. Lincoln has an underground locked bike shed and I'm hoping my bike will still be there when I get back <crosses fingers>
    Is there no centuries old custom that you give us BNC-ians beer and take our bikes into your sheds?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Door stop! Thought it would be a bit more friendly to have an open door. And I'm a friendly wendy.

my name is not actually wendy

aussi, coasters for mugs, wooly mattress cover incase the bed isn't very comfy, flip-flops to wear in the shower.. umm I'm obviously taking lots of other things but those are (some of) the ones I nearly forgot to get. I'd better get a packin'!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    Place off turl street by covered market. Celebrations, a good bop shopping place, is almost next door.
    Aww genius!! I'm not very good at fancy dress kinda things other than school or being a fairy... so I'm not bothering taking anything apart from my prefect's tie and long socks hehe... but I'll be right on Turl St
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ppl have been talking about bop costumes but i dont know what mine is. ah well. im just taking pretty much what everyone else is taking
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    random stuff I have accumulated (mainly at the insistence of my Mum) includes:
    - extension leads
    - tea/coffee/chocolate
    - mini first aid kit
    - small sowing kit
    - shoe cleaning stuff
    - washing powder
    - high-dry thing
    - washing basket
    Even if it all fits in the car I doubt that there will be enough room in my room to keep it so it may all be making a swift return up North on Monday!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mad_moo)
    Ppl have been talking about bop costumes but i dont know what mine is. ah well. im just taking pretty much what everyone else is taking
    Don't worry I don't know either - hence no real constume

@ LauraS

Well I've got the extension leads, the hot drinks and the first aid stuff... And there are enough collapsable wash baskets in my room for me to steal one
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraS)
    random stuff I have accumulated (mainly at the insistence of my Mum) includes:
    - extension leads
    - tea/coffee/chocolate
    - mini first aid kit
    - small sowing kit
    - shoe cleaning stuff
    - washing powder
    - high-dry thing
    - washing basket
    Even if it all fits in the car I doubt that there will be enough room in my room to keep it so it may all be making a swift return up North on Monday!
    Yeah about the same also cos my mum says so, its nice to see more manchester people in oxford, saw you went parrswood, i live manchester end of kingsway(sorry everyone laura should know what i mean) I know some people from parrswood Jessica Daggers, Stuart Walker both are off to oxbridge you should know them.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Things I forgot in my first term that you should remember:
    Hi-fi remote
    Calculator
    Cash
    Cutlery

If you do decide to forget things, it helps to have a friend a couple of minutes away who's coming up after you
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    To add to the list:

Coat Hangers
    Cufflinks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Unmentioned:
    CDs!
    Stereo!
    Printer
    Bottle Opener + Corkscrew
    Pictures + Wall Hanging
    Washing Machine Tablets (spot the washing machine virgin)
    Coffee + Tea
    Long-life milk
    Highlighter Pens! (the secret to academic success)
    A litre bottle of vodka + shot glasses (2)
    Floppy Disk of my Favourites folder!
    Pen Knife
    Glasses + Glasses Case + Glasses Wiper Thing

Wow.... no more TSR for me once I get to Oxford. Only academic websites and music blogs. Gonna rock.
Updated: October 2, 2005
New on TSR

Get ready for SQA results day

Share your grade expectations for Tuesday 5 August

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.