The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

iWarwick for iPhone

Anyone know anything about iWarwick on the Apple app store ?

Its £1.19 and gives you news, lets you view your time table and various other things

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just tried it, it's pretty sweet. The timetable feature works like a charm. There's a page about it on facebook:wink:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Yea it's a sweet app, wasn't expecting that!
I'm jealous, is there anything similar for android phones?
Reply 4
Yeah I want an android version lol
Reply 5
same for the android app too :/
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Any updates on whether there is an Android version?
That's so cool. I wish I had an iphone now :frown:
Reply 8
Hi everyone,

I am the developer of iWarwick and would like to thank everyone who uses it!
I have had a allot of emails about creating an android version of the app and was considering putting a version together. I was wondering what the most desired features of the app people would like to see in the android version are as to rewrite the entire app will take a significant amount of time and I would rather add the most wanted features and release updates as I finish them!

Thanks,

Adam Carlile
Reply 9
Original post by agcarlile
Hi everyone,

I have had a allot of emails about creating an android version of the app and was considering putting a version together. I was wondering what the most desired features of the app people would like to see in the android version are as to rewrite the entire app will take a significant amount of time and I would rather add the most wanted features and release updates as I finish them!

Thanks,

Adam Carlile

I don't have an android phone but I do use the iWarwick app, so I hope this is useful:

The one feature I use most is the bus times, since that is the best way of getting the timetable without finding a computer or walking to the bus stop. I don't know which source you use but it seems to be pretty accurate whenever I use it. Obviously accuracy is really important for this feature.

I don't use the timetable because I have all my lectures saved into Google Calendar which syncs to the calendar app. Personally, I find that has a better interface.

I've sometimes used the campus map but now I'm in my second year I generally know my way around campus. Similarly, I've also got to know which areas are likely to have free computers at which time of day.

The thing with many of the news features is that if any of it concerns me, I'll be told about it by email so I've never really needed to use it.

I'm sure there are others who have used it much more than me but that's generally how I've found it.
Reply 10
Thanks for that,

Anyone else?
Thanks for that,

Anyone else?

How about a section to view all timetabled bus times? From what I have seen from the iPhone app, you can see the next 5 bus times, but at present I don't think there is a way for you to plan your way home at another time. In October I basically converted the bus timetables into 6 scrollable tables (Mon-Fri, Sat, Sun each way) on my Android phone so it allows me to find the timetabled bus times at a given time.
Reply 12
Original post by TheTallOne
How about a section to view all timetabled bus times? From what I have seen from the iPhone app, you can see the next 5 bus times, but at present I don't think there is a way for you to plan your way home at another time. In October I basically converted the bus timetables into 6 scrollable tables (Mon-Fri, Sat, Sun each way) on my Android phone so it allows me to find the timetabled bus times at a given time.

Good idea. I looked at doing this. The only problem is that I aim for the app to be as administration independant as possible. At the moment the bus times I get realtime from the bus company so if there are any changes they get updated. I could input the tables each year when they change but it is a hugely time consuming process. I will look at possibilities with the bus companies and see what they say!

Thanks for your feedback
Reply 13
Could you maybe link the bus times to this site?

These are the actual real-time bus times, as opposed to the timetabled ones. Useful for finding out if your bus is late/cancelled, but like anything involving West Midlands travel it is still unreliable (but way more reliable than the fixed timetable).

EDIT: Just realised you do this already
Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Adam Carlile

Awesome app. Can't wait for the android version. I especially love the bus and computer live feeds.
So it looks like the bus timetable is the best feature of this app?

But why dont people just go to the stagecoach website and save the bus timetable to favourites on your phone??? That way you have the timetable for the whole week
Original post by Catsvsdogs
So it looks like the bus timetable is the best feature of this app?

But why dont people just go to the stagecoach website and save the bus timetable to favourites on your phone??? That way you have the timetable for the whole week

The app takes the live times from here - so if a bus is delayed the real time information should show it. The info should be the same info on the electronic displays (whether that is accurate or not is a different matter). Additionally, any timetabled departures are displayed. Obviously you get the additional features with the app as well.

Advantages of the app is that it makes it easier to find the stop you want (perhaps), you get to see bus times for all routes as well. Disadvantages is that you can't see any other time period other than the immediate future, and you need an internet connection to get updates.

So what about having a PDF file on your phone? You only get to see one route at a time and you have to navigate about a bit and scroll around a bit more to find the right column - the PDF isn't designed for phones. You also only have timetabled times. However, if you save the file, you don't need an internet connection to view it.

Perhaps then an improvement on the PDF file is a table of times of combined bus routes. Still, you have the disadvantage of not having live times, but the issue of navigation is removed.
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Awesome app. Can't wait for the android version. I especially love the bus and computer live feeds.

Oh Jesus, you're not coming here are you?

Ugh, in any case congrats on the offer. I do have to admit that you're incredibly devoted to Medicine and will no doubt make an excellent doctor.
Original post by ziedj
Oh Jesus, you're not coming here are you?

Er, do I know you?
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Er, do I know you?

We've argued several times on the Medicine subforums, I recognised your owl thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending