The Student Room Group
To be honest, a GNVQ is considered so worthless by I.T. employers that it doesn't matter what grades you get. The I.T. course is a stupid course designed for stupid people in sixth form who ought to really have been going out and getting a job instead of doing this. Schools have picked up on the fact that it's easy and since in the tables they can claim it as 4 GCSEs, they get as many pupils as possible to do it on top of their GCSEs in order to ensure an optimum number of 5 A-Cs students. In the real world, it's not worth 4 GCSEs and no employer will really care about it because the skills you learn on the course are so basic in comparison to any other I.T. course. You're far better off concentrating on getting a good grade in your A level. That is what will get you into a decent University - not a trivial GNVQ.
Reply 2
jgdl
(edited 12 years ago)
I took AVCE, got an E and made myself look a twit.
Fozzball
harsh but helpful. thanks. thats what my teacher told me.

Yeah, sorry, I just always tell it like it is. I'm not trying to make you feel bad - I did it myself two years ago and it felt like a waste of time and the only reason I chose it was because I had to do a technology, and there wasn't I.T. GCSE on offer.
Just so you know, however, Computing A2 is just about the best computing qualification you can get sub-degree level. You actually learn things useful for a career in computers with it.

Good luck bro!
Reply 6
yelwalkietalkie
To be honest, a GNVQ is considered so worthless by I.T. employers that it doesn't matter what grades you get. The I.T. course is a stupid course designed for stupid people in sixth form who ought to really have been going out and getting a job instead of doing this. Schools have picked up on the fact that it's easy and since in the tables they can claim it as 4 GCSEs, they get as many pupils as possible to do it on top of their GCSEs in order to ensure an optimum number of 5 A-Cs students. In the real world, it's not worth 4 GCSEs and no employer will really care about it because the skills you learn on the course are so basic in comparison to any other I.T. course. You're far better off concentrating on getting a good grade in your A level. That is what will get you into a decent University - not a trivial GNVQ.

excuse me but who are you to say that any qualification is worthless especially when some one has worked hard to achieve this. you can stop being so arrogant and just give your advice not your opinion that is negative. oh i did this course, its not that bad and requires a lot of independant study.
some may say that media studies is "mickey mouse",
Reply 7
very true, if u think It is worthless then dont say it out here coz its ur oppinion, some people here are doing it here and Have gne to do IT in uni, and as the peron on top has stated we could say that your media studies and genral studies are usless,but we wont say that couse if we do it will put some people down and also i dont think anything is useless, as then noone would put then as subjects for Alevels.

Latest

Trending

Trending