The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Earlier today, I came up with an excellent idea that has reduced my overall packing time by as much as 70%! I am also quite happy to share it with you all.

I walked downstairs, smiled at my mother and asked her how she was and whether she was busy. The rest - as they say - is history. :smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Haha! :rofl:
Reply 3
I HAVE A CLOTHES HORSE!

*ahem* is it only me who had never heard of one before now? :redface:
Reply 4
eh?
Rolling. It's all about the rolling. Rolled clothes take up about 30% of the room that folded ones do, and they don't crease as badly if you kinda stretch them before rolling. Stretch, and roll. Stretch, and roll. Sorted.

(tip courtesy of 6 weeks travelling with one tiny backpack, terms and conditions apply.)
Reply 6
ooh hippy dippy chick, im doing sociolgoy, with a module in politics (providing they have room). so shall see you there! thanks for the tip btw.
i ddi the stretch and roll technique...maybe saved me a little space i reakon. Bet they get creased tho lol. i also have a clothes horse and a radiator hanger hehe
Reply 8
Too late. 1 suitcase, four boxes, two book boxes, 1 large tin, 3 shoulder bags and two paper bags. Erm.. :blush:
Reply 9
Jamie23
I HAVE A CLOTHES HORSE!

*ahem* is it only me who had never heard of one before now? :redface:

yes. try helping your mum do the washing once in a while :p:

*is self-righteous*

*hopes noone realises he never helps either*

Neway, packing. Did mine in 2 hours. :biggrin:

Every available space is filled, including inside my printer....
Reply 10
Gexko
yes. try helping your mum do the washing once in a while :p:

*is self-righteous*

*hopes noone realises he never helps either*

Neway, packing. Did mine in 2 hours. :biggrin:

Every available space is filled, including inside my printer....

Lol, I did that too! There's a jumble of random stuff inside my printer and my laptop bag :biggrin:
Reply 11
happysoul
Lol, I did that too! There's a jumble of random stuff inside my printer and my laptop bag :biggrin:

Handy packing tip:
Plastic yellow ducks fit well head down in a glass.

Another tip:
If you're planning to bring a car, sort out non-essential stuff to bring in the car in a few weeks before you pack...

oops :biggrin:
Reply 12
1 giant holdall, 1 suitcase, 2 boxes, 3 shoeboxes, a rucksack and a carrier bag. isn't it funny how the list descends from quality to well.. ermm... non quality. whats the opposite of quality? ( i think i may be being dull here)...
6 boxes of varying sizes... i hate packing. How am I gonna do this if I have a year abroad at another Uni? Gonna be crazy :s

Latest

Trending

Trending