The Student Room Group

Should I do AS Psychology While doing a BTEC National (And is AS Psych Easy?!)

Hi!
I'm thinking about doing AS Psychology (the AQA 1) And Im not sure as im already doing the BTEC National in Health Studies but think AS Psych would be good for a career in health to have in addition for UCAS Forms and stuff like CV's, but im just concerned about being overworked so im wondering what the workload is like for Psychology? Is it essentially an easy qualification to revise and study for? as the BTEC is fully coursework based which will have to come priority as it will be my main "college" qualification with the AS being my "qual on the side" so to speak.

If someone could give me advice about AS Psychology that would be brilliant as I got till Monday to tell the college I want to do it.
Thanks! :smile: :smile:
Reply 1
i would say that it does require a lot of revision, my AS summer and winter exam results varied massively due to the amount of work i put in (an A and a D). The course to me seemed like it was mostly about memorising studies and i found it quite difficult at times. however, some people i know found the subject easier because of this, so i guess it depends on how fast you learn.

hope that helps..
Reply 2
There is a lot to learn, but it should be fine as long as you find it interesting :smile:
Reply 3
As the others have said, it has a heavy workload so requires a lot of revision and some dedication. If you revise thoroughly enough and learn the exam technique then you should be fine. However, do not work too hard as it may compromise your BTEC work.
Reply 4
Out of physics, biology, chemistry and psychology, I believe psychology required the most revision.

Latest