The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
:confused:
Reply 22
I only need to get better in english, so if someone needs help in german ... no problem just send me an Email :smile: And I´ll try to help you as much as I can.

btw. I visited Cambride, but only in my holiday, and it´s the nicest town in England I´ve seen so long ... and I also saw Oxford :biggrin:
It's nice that you've seen Cambride. I personally have never seen Cambride.
Reply 24
lol, thts harsh, u gt 2 allow him some mistakes, he is german...
Reply 25
ok you won ----I only need to get better in english----

but try to say it in german <ggg> :biggrin:

My problem is I´ll think in german and write it in english ... and that´s the same problem when you think in english and than try to write or say it in german.
Ah.. German people... how refreshing.

Anyone noticed how people studying german are just that little tiny bit weird?
Reply 27
If anyone likes to get some help with Dutch... Just mail me. But I'm facing absolutly the same problems. I am pretty able to express myself in English. But it's tough to do so with nuance.
1.Wenn ich ihn frage, dann wird er es machen
2.Wenn ich ihn fragte, dann wuerde er es machen
3.Wenn ich ihn gefragt haette, dann haette er es gemacht

I'm afraid your sentence was a type 1 sentence "wenn Sie wollen". Subjunctive is therefore not required. There is no uncertainty to be expressed. "If you wish to email me then do so" was the gist of it I think. OK, I understand that you think "S/he might want to email, she might not.." because of the word "wenn", but as a bilingual speaker studying German at university I can assure you that "Wenn Sie wollen" was correct. Following your logic, you would use subjunctive after every instance of "wenn", which is completely incorrect.
Now be nice to each other kids. It's not very nice to be corrected, and you won't be a very happy person in life if you pick on people's mistakes just to show your superiority. Good luck with the German learning etc.
Sorry if I've sounded nasty, I just hate people showing off about things they don't know about properly.
No need to be rude to each other, kids. Ok, technically "wenn Sie (es) wollten" would sound better, but having been brought up in Germany I've found that most people don't obey the subjunctive rules, especially in informal registers. There's no need to be nasty and try to prove your superiority by correcting others' mistakes. In my experience the people who do this to complete strangers are never "just trying to help"..
Yeti-Boy
If anyone likes to get some help with Dutch... Just mail me. But I'm facing absolutly the same problems. I am pretty able to express myself in English. But it's tough to do so with nuance.

i need help in dutch..."ik kom er vandaan maar kan er geen zak van"....english and german isn't such a big problem for me
Reply 31
dont really think anyone was being nasty tbh

Latest

Trending

Trending