The Student Room Group

Thinking of doing 3As instead of 4 :/

Hey everyone, Basically I'm going Bio, Chem, Maths and Economics I've just started my A levels (In Year 12) I was just thinking would it be a hinderance if I dropped on As, which would be Economics if I did. I want to go into Medicine or Dentistry and if i don't get into them, go into something to do with maths either charted accountanct, Actuary or invesment banking I know I could probaly pull of doing 4 A levels but I was just thinking wouldn't it be easier if I just did 3 and so I could concentrate more on each subject?

Whats your guys opinions? Also have you had the same experince?

for most medicine and dentistry courses you need a fourth as level
If you only have 3 ASs you can't drop one at the end of year 12, so you're screwed if you do badly in one - the fourth AS acts as a backup even if you've already decided which three you want to continue to A2. Also most unis will expect everyone to have done 4 ASs and if you want to study medicine it will look a bit strange (they may assume that you started doing 4 but dropped one because you couldn't handle it).
Reply 3
Thanks for the answers and I think your right, it'll look abit dodgy maybe I should drop it next year at A2, oh well, thanks agian :smile:
Do four AS levels and three A levels, like most people in the country. It's fine.
Reply 5
What everyone else said + you'd have so many frees you'd get horribley bored
Reply 6
Thank you all for the replys, I guess I was being a bitch you gotta work hard to get somewhere no point trying to moan and cry, and its truee lol I'd probaly have sooo many freez, cheers everyone :smile:
Reply 7
Stick with the forth. I did it and so long as you know how to efficiently manage time, it should be fairly easy.
Reply 8
Do for...Even if you get an average grade...Good Luck x
Do 4 so in case you fail one of them you still have 3 a levels.
I did 4 and dropped but i'd advise everyone to do four.

Latest