The Student Room Group

How to cope with bad flatmates?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I had an awful time last year with flat mates. These two girls were on the same course (one actually switched so they were together) so I already felt like the third wheel. It was all ok to start with I went out mixed and then one night I didn't go out due to an exam the next morning. They didn't take it too well and when they came in at 3am they starting banging on my door and calling me names. I ignored them and kind of avoided them after that. This lead to them stealing my food, turning the oven off when I was cooking and just plain being nasty. In the end I moved out my new flat mates were lovely but they already had a group of friends so I felt quite lonely.
I'm heading into halls again this year and I'm looking forward to it. I know I won't put up with the same stuff again and I've learnt not to let other people ruin my experience.
Reply 21
paddy__power
Bleach in the milk they are stealing.

Ahhh, why didn't I think of that? Simply kill the irritating flatmates :p:
jaxdia
Ahhh, why didn't I think of that? Simply kill the irritating flatmates :p:

You do just enough to cause them a fair amount of pain, not enough to kill them :smile:
by being bad - buy stink bombs:ninja:
Reply 24
paddy__power
Bleach in the milk they are stealing.

Simply warn them you will stab them in the throat if you catch them putting your food in it.

If anyone uses your stuff use everyone elses.

Etc.

LOOOOOOOL! Stab them in the throat. Haaaaaaaaaaa! I likey.
KimKong
LOOOOOOOL! Stab them in the throat. Haaaaaaaaaaa! I likey.

I'm only half joking, if I saw some dickhead taking my munch they would be lucky not to be eating my foot tbh. Could threated to stab them in the throat though, would proabbly do the trick. By the time they've been threatened and had their throat melted by cleach they will have learnt not to be thieving tramps and to buy their own stuff, get me? lol.
Reply 26
paddy__power
I'm only half joking, if I saw some dickhead taking my munch they would be lucky not to be eating my foot tbh. Could threated to stab them in the throat though, would proabbly do the trick. By the time they've been threatened and had their throat melted by cleach they will have learnt not to be thieving tramps and to buy their own stuff, get me? lol.

I get u, I geeeeet you!

Boi, it was funny cos it sounds like suttin' I'd say! I always wanna stab people for some reason or another.

I can just see it on BBC news at 10! ''Housemate was stabbed in the throat after eating a crumb from Paddy_ower''.

Please do it.
KimKong
I get u, I geeeeet you!

Boi, it was funny cos it sounds like suttin' I'd say! I always wanna stab people for some reason or another.

I can just see it on BBC news at 10! ''Housemate was stabbed in the throat after eating a crumb from Paddy_ower''.

Please do it.

Lol, I don't want to stab someone or have isues with anyone in general but if people are going to try and take me for a dick then I will deal with it. I've lived with far worse people than a few pissy students, so it's minor.

I'm hoping my housemates end up being decent though - it would be much easier, I will much someones whole cupboard of food if I know they touched mine. You know what it is, it;s that they don't ask - if they asked I'd say yea it's only food but it's when they think they can just take your stuff.
doubledot
Mmm.. Tabasco..

Oh, on the topic itself, if anybody steals your food or just does anything remotely douchey, you should probably beat them or feed them pubes, at the very least.

--EDIT:

Hi, if anybody on this forum is my future flatmate... I'm a lovely girl, quite perfect actually. I would never feed you pubes. I swear... .

Eating your pubes would be the closest thing I'd ever get to clunge to be honest :sadnod:

But unfortunately I'm stuck with some lovely and considerate flatmates.
K the Failure
Eating your pubes would be the closest thing I'd ever get to clunge to be honest :sadnod:

But unfortunately I'm stuck with some lovely and considerate flatmates.

Dude. I was going to make some horrendous joke at your expense, but even I'm not that heartless.
doubledot
Dude. I was going to make some horrendous joke at your expense, but even I'm not that heartless.

Thank you, I guess.
Reply 31
Well, it's my first night in Fresher's and I'm staying in a house with 2nd and 3rd year student and have just come back to my house to find it trashed and all of my cups and mugs used (even the ones with my name on!) so... if anyone has any advice... because I'm about to go to bed and if they wake me up I'm not going to be happy!
Arielle
Well, it's my first night in Fresher's and I'm staying in a house with 2nd and 3rd year student and have just come back to my house to find it trashed and all of my cups and mugs used (even the ones with my name on!) so... if anyone has any advice... because I'm about to go to bed and if they wake me up I'm not going to be happy!

I can't understand how people can be so rude?
Reply 33
I purposefully brought way more than I needed so that I could share it, I wanted people to see me as a nice guy, not as someone who is going to worry that the people they are living with are theives.

In all seriousness though, you need to give rid of any preconceptions you have/may have about your housemates to be, it's not healthy for a good relationship.
Reply 34
Prescription strength laxatives.....
That is all.
Woah people fighting over food.
**** I would invite all my flatmates to a fancy restaurant each evening if I don't have to revise anything for the night.
Reply 36
Original post by Theconomist
Woah people fighting over food.
**** I would invite all my flatmates to a fancy restaurant each evening if I don't have to revise anything for the night.

that seems pretty nice but unfortunately not everyone can afford to do that, if I'm struggling to feed myself and buy enough food as a student, I think its only fair that someone doesn't come along and take my food, they have their own money don't they? I don't go and take their money, apart from this, there's no reason why everyone cant get along and have fun.
Original post by ulasco99
that seems pretty nice but unfortunately not everyone can afford to do that, if I'm struggling to feed myself and buy enough food as a student, I think its only fair that someone doesn't come along and take my food, they have their own money don't they? I don't go and take their money, apart from this, there's no reason why everyone cant get along and have fun.

this is a 3 year old thread
Original post by jelly1000
this is a 3 year old thread

So?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending