The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Insurance

This may have been asked over and over before but what does the accommodation insurance cover ? I have a new laptop worth £600. I don't think it'll be covered. Is it ?

I set up my Natwest Student Account today and they tried to sell me their insurance it's about £10 a month. I don't know if this is a reasonable amount. She was talking about "only a £25 excess". I just nodded but had no idea what she was on about.

Is it worth looking into upgrading my insurance which covers halls ? Or maybe going to another company ?
pmann
This may have been asked over and over before but what does the accommodation insurance cover ? I have a new laptop worth £600. I don't think it'll be covered. Is it ?

I set up my Natwest Student Account today and they tried to sell me their insurance it's about £10 a month. I don't know if this is a reasonable amount. She was talking about "only a £25 excess". I just nodded but had no idea what she was on about.

Is it worth looking into upgrading my insurance which covers halls ? Or maybe going to another company ?

A copy of the cover is available at the bottom of the first post of the The Warwick Accommodation Thread :smile:

Alternatively go to https://niche.endsleigh.co.uk/ and stick the details in there. Extend your cover if you wish.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Insurance is theft and damage in your room at campus, if you want cover from theft/accidental damage when you're out of the room with your laptop then check Endsleigh. I've been quoted £80 a year for my Macbook Pro.
Reply 3
Nightvision
Insurance is theft and damage in your room at campus, if you want cover from theft/accidental damage when you're out of the room with your laptop then check Endsleigh. I've been quoted £80 a year for my Macbook Pro.

So, it's already covered in my room, yes ? I won't be lugging that badboy to lectures.
Reply 4
pmann
So, it's already covered in my room, yes ? I won't be lugging that badboy to lectures.

If you look in TheTallOne's post above in his first link you can view a copy of the insurance policy. It includes theft from your room and stuff like fire damage, flood damage etc. If you want cover for stuff when you take it out of your room (e.g. theft from your bag if you leave it in a lecture hall or something) and accidental damage (spilling a drink on your laptop) then you have to pay extra.

Latest