The Student Room Group

If you don't wear trainers... what do you wear?!

Hi all,

I'm a bit baffled at the moment by how clubs can stop you from entering if you're wearing trainers and stuff (Inbetweeners just reminded me of this).

Admittedly, I wear jeans with everything. I tend to wear trainers for everything apart from school as well. But what alternative is there unless you put on a suit!? Jeans and trainers is normal isn't it? You can't wear jeans and smart shoes can you?

(Yes, evidently I am backwards when it comes to fashion etc.!)
EDIT: WOOPS, I'M A GUY BTW!
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You can wear smart shoes with jeans.
Reply 2
Yes, you can wear jeans and smart shoes. Don't go for your scruffiest pair of jeans, though.
if they won't let you go in with trainers, you could try:-
1. smart shoes.
2. desert boots.
3. wellington boots.
4. slippers.
5. flippers.
Reply 4
Smart shoes with nice jeans look really good on guys
Reply 5
Actually, I've always wondered. Does this rule apply to high tops too? Because high tops can be extraordinarily expensive and classy looking if worn right.
I hate them but you can get like pumps/plimsols things for like 3quid
Redreynard
if they won't let you go in with trainers, you could try:-
1. smart shoes.
2. desert boots.
3. wellington boots.
4. slippers.
5. flippers.

You forgot the sandels.
Reply 8
Flip flops.

Seriously I'm always the coolest guy when I turn up in my new pair :awesome:
oh yes, a pair of sandals, with a nice pair of bird-pulling white socks.
Reply 10
Redreynard
oh yes, a pair of sandals, with a nice pair of bird-pulling white socks.

Oh yes..That's what does it..! :smile:
Reply 11
I was just going to recommend plimsoles but I read the edited version the the first post. But really, plimsoles :rofl:
Casual shoes like loafers, plimsolls etc etc
Reply 13
******* hate this. Had to go home twice to change shoes coz the bull **** bouncers were being fussy little pricks.
reldnahcmd
Oh yes..That's what does it..! :smile:

should i wear shorts with my sandals. or will that cause too much of a health and safety issue when the girls go wild?
Reply 15
Combat boots. Excellent for long walks, dancing and kicking the shins of any drunk bastid on the dancefloor.
You can try it with trainers but if they refuse you can always swap shoes with a nearby tramp...
lazy smurf
Casual shoes like loafers, plimsolls etc etc

no! not loafers. loafers are for slimy, effeminate mediterranean men. not for english gentlemen. and certainly not for a real man like john wayne.
having said that wayne's countrymen do not all follow his splendid example. no, i'm afraid that the worst loafer-wearing nation in the world is america. god help me stay clear of east coast preppy boys in their tassled loafers. so flipping girly, it's not true.
I normally wear a clean pair of Converse or boat shoes :smile:
Plimsolls, Boots (flat soled looks best imo), High tops..

Latest