The Student Room Group

BSMS Medical Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

I've got an interview too :smile: 13th of November! Received by e-mail.
I knew they would start around now :biggrin:
Original post by Yellowmonkeyman
I've got an interview too :smile: 13th of November! Received by e-mail.

Firstly, congratulations :biggrin: secondly, when you send in your application, and thirdly, what's your profile like (if you don't mind me asking :biggrin:)?
Reply 83
According to their website, they are still on stage one. Aw man i really want an interview :crossedf::adore:
Reply 84
Original post by Sparko13
According to their website, they are still on stage one. Aw man i really want an interview :crossedf::adore:

The website is usually really slow at updating, tbh I think anyone checking it is just waisting their time. If you have an interview in Nov you'll hear by around the 20th at the latest, if you're app isn't acdemically eligible you'll hear by december usually, maybe earlier. If you don't hear anything by mid Jan then you've definitely passed the academic stage and could hear between then and mid Feb about an interview in Feb. If you don't hear by late Feb I think you can assume a rejection is on its way or possible waiting list.
Reply 85
Original post by 04001
Hello everyone I haven't really seen any threads on bsms,
so basically has anyone got a interview yet or have they been acknoldged at all :smile:

Hello. They don't acknowledge and a couple of people got interviews today ^ ..
Reply 86
Original post by ScrubZ
The website is usually really slow at updating, tbh I think anyone checking it is just waisting their time. If you have an interview in Nov you'll hear by around the 20th at the latest, if you're app isn't acdemically eligible you'll hear by december usually, maybe earlier. If you don't hear anything by mid Jan then you've definitely passed the academic stage and could hear between then and mid Feb about an interview in Feb. If you don't hear by late Feb I think you can assume a rejection is on its way or possible waiting list.

Cheers for that. How did you get this information? Educated guess or are you a second time applicant to BSMS?
Reply 87
Original post by Sparko13
Cheers for that. How did you get this information? Educated guess or are you a second time applicant to BSMS?

Yeah I'm reapplying so have better idea of the whole admissions process this time. I remember reading that the majority of grads are interviewed in February so don't worry if you don't hear for a while. That said you could still get an interview in Novemeber.
Original post by 09MattH
Hello. They don't acknowledge and a couple of people got interviews today ^ ..
Already?! But they haven't even got our UKCAT scores yet ... :s-smilie:
Reply 89
Original post by 916-CALL-TURK
Already?! But they haven't even got our UKCAT scores yet ... :s-smilie:

Yeeep :s-smilie: The first set of interviews came out the same kind of time last year. They don't care about the ukcat very much, they only use it after interviews to decide between similar candidates..
Original post by ScrubZ
Yeah I'm reapplying so have better idea of the whole admissions process this time. I remember reading that the majority of grads are interviewed in February so don't worry if you don't hear for a while. That said you could still get an interview in Novemeber.

So do most undergrads get interviewed in November?
Reply 91
Original post by arunadindane
So do most undergrads get interviewed in November?

It's mostly school leavers in November because their apps are easier to process apparently. That's not to say they don't get interviewed in Feb though. Last year they had more interview dates in Feb so you'd expect there to be a fair few school leavers interviewed then as well.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by ScrubZ
It's mostly school leavers in November because their apps are easier to process apparently. That's not to say they don't get interviewed in Feb though. Last year they had more interview dates in Feb so you'd expect there to be a fair few school leavers interviewed then as well.

i see do you know roughly how many interview slots they have in november and whens the latest we would hear from them in november for a november interview?
Reply 93
Original post by Neomaster121
i see do you know roughly how many interview slots they have in november and whens the latest we would hear from them in november for a november interview?

Last year they had 4 interview days in Novemeber with the 20th being the latest people were informed about an interview for the 28th I think. Apparently around 40-50 people were interviewed each day, which seems quite a lot to me :s-smilie: but makes sense as the there'd be around 500 interviews, which sounds about right. They give around 200-250 offers so although getting to interview is probably the hardest bit (with there being almost certainly over 2000 apps) you still have to perform well at interview. Then there were 6 interview days in Feb. some people heard back within 3 weeks of their interview in Nov. to receive an offer, if you didn't hear for a while then I think you hadn't performed fantstically at interview and were put on hold depending how good other applicants were.
Original post by ScrubZ
Last year they had 4 interview days in Novemeber with the 20th being the latest people were informed about an interview for the 28th I think. Apparently around 40-50 people were interviewed each day, which seems quite a lot to me :s-smilie: but makes sense as the there'd be around 500 interviews, which sounds about right. They give around 200-250 offers so although getting to interview is probably the hardest bit (with there being almost certainly over 2000 apps) you still have to perform well at interview. Then there were 6 interview days in Feb. some people heard back within 3 weeks of their interview in Nov. to receive an offer, if you didn't hear for a while then I think you hadn't performed fantstically at interview and were put on hold depending how good other applicants were.

thanks for the info so about the 20th of nov is the deadline fingers cross
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 95
so glad im not the only one who hasnt got an acknowledgement! the campus is amaaaazing, love bsms so much!!! :colondollar:
This is my first university to be giving out interviews. D: I want one!!!
Reply 97
congrats to all those people who got their first interview :smile: all the best guys :smile:
I hope I can get one too :smile:
Did anyone go to the open day on the 21st of July? Did anyone also do a tour of the dissection room? I may have been with you if you did :p:
Reply 99
Original post by Yellowmonkeyman
Did anyone go to the open day on the 21st of July? Did anyone also do a tour of the dissection room? I may have been with you if you did :p:

meeeee :P which tour were you on?
I think I was 1pm-ish :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending