The Student Room Group

BSMS Medical Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by annarbee
meeeee :P which tour were you on?
I think I was 1pm-ish :smile:

I can't remember whivh one I was on :frown: I think it was that one though.. I was the guy who corectly identified the placenta if that makes any difference? XD
Reply 101
Original post by Yellowmonkeyman
I can't remember whivh one I was on :frown: I think it was that one though.. I was the guy who corectly identified the placenta if that makes any difference? XD

haha, aww you can't have been on my tour then because I'm pretty sure it was a girl who found the placenta on mine :frown:
Reply 102
Good luck to anyone with interviews :smile:

Its so exciting! If anyone has any questions let me know and I can try and answer
Original post by annarbee
haha, aww you can't have been on my tour then because I'm pretty sure it was a girl who found the placenta on mine :frown:

Nevermind :p:.. How did you find BSMS? :smile: What were your thoughts?
Original post by randdom
Good luck to anyone with interviews :smile:

Its so exciting! If anyone has any questions let me know and I can try and answer

Hey there :colondollar:

How are the interviews? Are they quite relaxed compared to some? Do the interview questions tend to be the classic "Why medicine?" ones or quite specific ones about experience? Or both? :smile:

What do you think of the Uni? Good points and bad points?
Reply 105

Hey there :colondollar:

How are the interviews? Are they quite relaxed compared to some? Do the interview questions tend to be the classic "Why medicine?" ones or quite specific ones about experience? Or both? :smile:

What do you think of the Uni? Good points and bad points?

The interviews are pretty nice and relaxed. More along the lines of why medicine, why bsms and then questions about your experiences and personal statement. Obviously every interview is different but it seems to be usually more personal statement focused.

I loved the medical school. I think that the fact that it is small means that it is more friendly because you will know most people in your year and the staff tend to know who you are. I also think that the combination of a systems based approach (mostly lectures, labs and tutorials) combined with dissection works quite well. On the negative side being part of two universities can mean that you sometimes can struggle to get support from the unis as they both think that you are the others problem.

I would definitely recommend it.
Original post by randdom
The interviews are pretty nice and relaxed. More along the lines of why medicine, why bsms and then questions about your experiences and personal statement. Obviously every interview is different but it seems to be usually more personal statement focused.

I loved the medical school. I think that the fact that it is small means that it is more friendly because you will know most people in your year and the staff tend to know who you are. I also think that the combination of a systems based approach (mostly lectures, labs and tutorials) combined with dissection works quite well. On the negative side being part of two universities can mean that you sometimes can struggle to get support from the unis as they both think that you are the others problem.

I would definitely recommend it.

Absolutely, when I went to the open day these are all points that I picked up on and form part of the reason why I applied.

I think all Universities have weak points but saying that, I've not heard of any problems with student support before. Is it a problem with general support or is it in specific areas?
Reply 107
yayayayayayay interview :smile:
is it a good sign to be asked for an interview in november compared to feb? when do they tell you if you are rejected/accepted?
in the interviews do they ask a lot about medicine in the news/nhs in general?
thanks and good luck to everyone :smile:
Original post by HMD
yayayayayayay interview :smile:
is it a good sign to be asked for an interview in november compared to feb? when do they tell you if you are rejected/accepted?
in the interviews do they ask a lot about medicine in the news/nhs in general?
thanks and good luck to everyone :smile:

Hey, my biggest congratulations! When is your interview? :smile:

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your questions :frown:.
Reply 109
Hey, my biggest congratulations! When is your interview? :smile:

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your questions :frown:.

aha no worries!
my interview is on the 13th of nov :smile:
i really dont know why i was asked for one of the early interviews... not complaining though!
Original post by HMD
aha no worries!
my interview is on the 13th of nov :smile:
i really dont know why i was asked for one of the early interviews... not complaining though!

Awesome :smile: so is mine :biggrin:.. I know the feeling :p:
Reply 111
Awesome :smile: so is mine :biggrin:.. I know the feeling :p:

what are you doing in preparation? aahh its so scary/exciting!
Original post by HMD
what are you doing in preparation? aahh its so scary/exciting!

It is :p:.. I'm finding every piece of information that might be useful in the itnerview :smile: writing down notes about my experiences :biggrin:. What are you doing?
It is :p:.. I'm finding every piece of information that might be useful in the itnerview :smile: writing down notes about my experiences :biggrin:. What are you doing?

I wont lie, I am envious :smile: but really well done you have have bloody inspirational personal statements you two. Hope you don't mind me reading how you're preparing for your interviews. I'm sure you're doing this already but say up to date with BBC Health and the BMJ Online and such... :smile: x Can I just ask, what is your work experience like?
Reply 114
Has anyone got an interview on a date besides the 13th ??
Original post by laurencebaker1
I wont lie, I am envious :smile: but really well done you have have bloody inspirational personal statements you two. Hope you don't mind me reading how you're preparing for your interviews. I'm sure you're doing this already but say up to date with BBC Health and the BMJ Online and such... :smile: x Can I just ask, what is your work experience like?

I definitely will not forget that :smile:. Read away, if I wanted the information to remain private I would PM :smile:.
I've had experience at a GP,in theatre, A+E, outpatient clinic, paediatric unit and even a dentist :smile:
Reply 116
Nevermind :p:.. How did you find BSMS? :smile: What were your thoughts?

I loved it! Thought the course looked great and everything about it seemed to suit me - I could really imagine myself there :smile:. What did you think?
I miss Brighton :frown:
Reply 118

same kind of thing really, not much else you can do! refreshing mind with work exp making sure i can talk about everything on my personal statement, search on internet for popular questions, read up on BBC health and book a hotel for the night before :smile:

Original post by laurencebaker1

err well i did 1 week GP 3 days A&E a year volunteering for a medical research charity then through that got a week in clinic, i volunteer at an old people's home too but i only started that in september.
and my personal statement was far from 'inspirational' it was the hardest thing i'd ever done and my teacher hated it... hopefully i'll be able to prove her wrong by the end of the year :smile:
Original post by HMD
same kind of thing really, not much else you can do! refreshing mind with work exp making sure i can talk about everything on my personal statement, search on internet for popular questions, read up on BBC health and book a hotel for the night before :smile:

Ahh I forgot the hotel bit :p: I've done that :smile: staying as close to the uni as possible :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending