The Student Room Group

BSMS Medical Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

I think lizzy would be better of just posting it on here. :tongue:
Reply 161
You have a point! Ok I'm not going to say what they asked me in interview etc because I doubt they'll be thrilled but I had 3 interviewers and it was about 20 mins. It was formal but not too scary. They all seemed quite nice and gave you enough time to answer etc.

BSMS is amazing! I absolutely love the course. You get loads of patient contact from the start. I've already been to primary and secondary care and learned how to take a history. Dissection is also definitely the best way to learn anatomy. There's also a good mix of small group teaching and lectures.

Social wise in Brighton there's loads to do. Medsoc have been amazing at organising events and you get to join societies from both unis so there's pretty much everything you'd want to do! So yeah BSMS is fantastic and good luck everyone!
Original post by lizzys
You have a point! Ok I'm not going to say what they asked me in interview etc because I doubt they'll be thrilled but I had 3 interviewers and it was about 20 mins. It was formal but not too scary. They all seemed quite nice and gave you enough time to answer etc.

BSMS is amazing! I absolutely love the course. You get loads of patient contact from the start. I've already been to primary and secondary care and learned how to take a history. Dissection is also definitely the best way to learn anatomy. There's also a good mix of small group teaching and lectures.

Social wise in Brighton there's loads to do. Medsoc have been amazing at organising events and you get to join societies from both unis so there's pretty much everything you'd want to do! So yeah BSMS is fantastic and good luck everyone!

thank you :smile:
Reply 163
Original post by Carpet21
Did it ever stop?? :confused: :tongue:

AHA! This is very true :P
Ahhh, none of my choices have gotten back to me yet, including BSMS :frown:
Reply 165
Original post by goodboy4444
My friend just got an interview from BSMS...by phone!!!!!!!Good luck guys.

How odd! I guess he/she hasn't got an email address or something then?
Original post by goodboy4444
My friend just got an interview from BSMS...by phone!!!!!!!Good luck guys.

Thats the quickest i've ever raced to my phone to check the answer phone
Original post by 09MattH

LOL....i think bsms is being lazy and stuff!!
Reply 168
Original post by joemullally
Thats the quickest i've ever raced to my phone to check the answer phone

me too, got so excited as i had a new voicemail from an unknown number and it turned out to be "congratulations, you have won the holiday of a lifetime...!"
Original post by alicemonk
me too, got so excited as i had a new voicemail from an unknown number and it turned out to be "congratulations, you have won the holiday of a lifetime...!"

Spam calls causing soo much stress. What a shocker. I find you always get spam callers at the most innapropriate times. We get cold callers all the time at home and they always manage to call just after i've made the treck home from college.
Reply 170
interview!!!! Just got a phone call!!! :biggrin::biggrin: For next wednesday though :eek: better get preparing!
OMG i just recieved a call medical interview next week wednesday im so excited and i running late for work lol but i don't care
Scrubz you are getting all the interviews this year aren't you.
Congrats
And to neo master too
Edit: i forgot to congradulate the both of you.
Agreed :smile: congrats!

I'm going for five offers this year :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by 09MattH
Email probably bounced :yes:
Why is track down??
Not that there's going to be anything on there for me. :rofl:
Original post by alicemonk
me too- i'm developing a serious hotmail addiction!
Hotmail? Are you living in the 90s?

Gmail's where it's at :cool:
Original post by lizzys
Hey!

I'm a first year at BSMS this year so if anyone has any questions about anything feel free to ask. I'm happy to help :smile: Hopefully see some of you at your interviews and good luck with your applications!

I had my interview in February so if you guys do get Feb interviews it doesn't mean you won't get in!

Hopefully see you next year! x
And after you've PMed the other bazillion people, could you PM me too :biggrin:

Also: how many resitters are there in your year?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 178
Ohhh nooo i'm getting stressed now! i didnt factor phone calls into this lol i am now constantly checking my voicemail as well as email and post...
Reply 179
Original post by 916-CALL-TURK
Hotmail? Are you living in the 90s?

Gmail's where it's at :cool:

Lies... :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending