The Student Room Group
no idea

why not just put £5 on it. not like you're never gonna use it again
Reply 2
callum9999
I have a £1.60 balance on my oyster card but need to get a ticket costing £1.80. The website only allows top-ups in multiples of £5 but could I put the 20p on it at the station?

Course you can
Reply 3
callum9999
I have a £1.60 balance on my oyster card but need to get a ticket costing £1.80. The website only allows top-ups in multiples of £5 but could I put the 20p on it at the station?

no.
Reply 4
I think you can on the machines. I don't think it mentions a minimum amount, just touch the card and put 20p in the slot.
Reply 5
The_0001
Course you can

are you sure?
touch 'any amount' should be able to put 20p:smile:
Reply 7
Yes, any amount on the machines if you're using change.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
ricco
are you sure?

I've put just 5p in the machine before to get me out of a negative balance.
I wish those gay machines would accept coppers.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
ricco
are you sure?

I once put in 5p... haha
Reply 11
didgeridoo12uk
no idea

why not just put £5 on it. not like you're never gonna use it again

Because I don't use it! That is change left on the card from a £5 top up almost 3 years ago and I don't plan on going to London again anytime soon.

Thanks, I'll just use the machines at the station.
Reply 12
Even if you do end up having money left over on your oyster, you can just go to the desk and swap your oyster car for however much money it has on it plus the £3 deposit. In fact, if you plan on never using it again, do that anyway to get your £3 back.
Reply 13
callum9999

Yes, you can do it at the machines in the station, must be in cash though for amounts less than £5. I did it for 50p recently and it was fine.
Reply 14
Original post by callum9999

Use the machine at the train station- you can even pay by card!

Latest