The Student Room Group

Reapplying to Cambridge for a Different subject!? Hellp?

Hey, This year I'm applying to cambridge for History, and this year I'm applying for ASNaC. I genuinley changed my mind about the coruse and really feel ASnac is way way better than History. However coz i applied last year for history im worried that the cam intervierwers will think im using asnac as a 'back door'!

oh no, i really want to study there!
(edited 13 years ago)
finnyounger
Hey, last year I applied to Cambridge for History and got rejected. This year I am applying for "Anglo Saxon, Norse and Celtic". I've just realised on the SAQ it asks "have you ever applied to Cambridge before", won't the interview go like this?

Interviewer: "I see you applied last year, was that for this subject?

Me: "No,it was for straight History,but i've become rly interested in this"

Interviewer: "hmmmm..application ruined.."

Anyways round this predicament? The truth is last year I did not even know that the course existed at Cambridge, and had I, I would have applied for it. It reflects bad on me though if I admit I didn't know the course and the whole Dep. existed.

The first thing to do is to realise that you have no choice but to declare what you applied for last year. Then you should stop worrying. The current application is for a course that includes a significant amount of history (though it is more than that, of course), and you can work out your response to such a question before the interview. The truth is usually not far from the best answer.

Latest

Trending

Trending