The Student Room Group

Predicted BBB, want to do law AAB, with things ive done for law, do i have a chance

A-level subjects:
History
Economics
Politics

Politics has allowed me to realise how laws are made, where they are stated. it has developed my debating and also essay skills.

History has given me an idea of laws that were made in countries such as Russia, Germany during and post war. It has also developed my essay skills, and source analysis skills. I feel much more confident writing essays and arguing my points through them.

Economics has given me an idea of where situations such as 'black economy' may arise and the implications the government may have to take, in order to prevent it or however reduce inflation, recession from occurring. It has given me an idea of what methods of protection may be used during trade and also, allowed me to realise how changes in the economy can result in changes in the laws.

Attending a law and criminology course- gave me an idea of what may be studied throughout a law course, it also allowed me to look at case studies and debate case studies

the inner temple was my biggest influence to do law- met various barristers who gave an insight to their careers in law and also contributed in mock trials against other schools, visited teh royal courts of justice, carried out research tasks in their biggest law library, and visited barristers chambers and learnt teh difference between barristers and solicitors roles in the legal system

work experience- shadowed a barrister from four chambers in london for a day, and attended his court hearing, where i was fascinated by how he debated for the tax area of law/ will be doing more work experience next year in 2011

visited court hearing at teh old baileys criminal court and magistrate courts

produced a school magazine - in charge of current affairs and motivational articles

volunteered to help at the Richmond dulathon

read articles to do with law- the jury not being allowed to be over 70 interested me

also helped students at school (year 7 students on how to read, lectured year 11 students on why they should pass GCSE's)

participated in school mock election- was member of liberal party

attending lectures to do with human rights

career days/ subject days to understand what a law degree consists of

wil this make my personal statement strong
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

you have a lot of experience but without the proper predictions you wont get an offer.

so beg for AAB
Reply 2
With BBB, it's unlikely.
Reply 3
If you don't have the grades its a no.
Reply 4
aprilterri
You may get an offer from:
oxford brookes 300 points
nottingham trent bbb
sheffield hallam 280
liverpool john mores 280

Be prepared to choose lower unis.

IM begging for high gradesssssss.
Reply 5
cambo211

I've emailed east anglia, and they said they'll consider my application for law? Soo ha!:P
Reply 6
helpneeded-a
I've emailed east anglia, and they said they'll consider my application for law? Soo ha!:P

Well yes of course they'll consider it. They have no choice but to accept your application.
Reply 7
cambo211
Well yes of course they'll consider it. They have no choice but to accept your application.

But, they could give me an offer? i told them im resitting my exams in january? to get AAB?
cambo211

I agree.
Even though you have done a lot of other stuff, you dont have the grades.
Reply 9
helpneeded-a
But, they could give me an offer? i told them im resitting my exams in january? to get AAB?

If you're predicted BBB it's unlikely you'll get an offer. Most people applying will have predicted grades of AAB so why would they take your word that you might get them.
Reply 10
helpneeded-a

No, really you are just making it hard for yourself. You started a thread the other day and we all told you this. Your best hope would be to do another course and do a conversion to law. With the grades that you already have, if I was you Id concentrate on getting BBB because atm that seems relatively far fetched.

Btw, to EA considering your application. Ofcourse they will consider it, but they will not accept you.
Reply 11
You could take a risk and wait until clearing, where some decent universities may lower their requirements.
(edited 13 years ago)
Luxor
You could take a risk and wait until clearing, where some decent universities may lower their requirements.

look, i just wanna try and meet the conditional offer?

My sixthform are trying their hardest to get me predicted AAB from subject teachers or ABB

So, im sure my grades wont be like that for longg
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 13
Luxor

This is your best bet. Although by then you will have your grades and I doubt you will have ABB so its could all be in vain. Also, decent universities usually dont enter clearing, especially for Law. So you could be screwed. Basically, you are in no position to choose where to go. It obvious you are not going to take the advice you dont want to hear -eventhough its the correct advice. So do me a favour, when you apply to these decent unis and you get turned down, come back please on here please- I like to say 'I told you so'.
(edited 13 years ago)
GapYear01
This is your best bet. Although by then you will have your grades and I doubt you will have ABB so its could all be in vain. Also, decent universities usually dont enter clearing, especially for Law. So you could be screwed. Basically, you are in no position to choose where to go. It obvious you are not going to take the advice you dont want to hear -eventhough its the correct advice. So do me a favour, when you apply to these decent unis and you get turned down, come back please on here please- I like to say 'I told you so'.

Stop doubting me. Seriously.
GapYear01

And when I impress them, and they accept me? You have no idea how hard i'm prepared to work? So stop doubting me!
Eco=A
politics= A
History= B/C
Reply 16
Well...maybe?
If you're looking for a pat on the back, you're not gonna find it here. Debating the admissions criteria isn't gonna change anything, all you can do is apply, try hard to get AAB and hope.
Reply 17
helpneeded-a
And when I impress them, and they accept me? You have no idea how hard i'm prepared to work? So stop doubting me!
Eco=A
politics= A
History= B/C

If you really wanted this that much, then why did you not bother to revise last time? Why are you on here instead of spending every second you have revising instead of on here? I tried telling you the practicalities but its clear that you are not going to listen to something you dont like.
Reply 18
cambo211

What do you mean by "no"? Has this person no opportunity to study law with BBB? Or are you talking about the top universities?
Dont listen to these people 'BBB' that is very unlikely, i had predicted grades of BBB, ended up with AAA :smile: push yourself very hard, im not a huge geek im a bit of a party animal just focus and revise and you will do it, also i applied for oxford brookes - offer BBB - good uni to do law, aswell as portsmouth - offer BBC not too shabby either, your extra currilcum activites look really good too your personal statement will be wicked! go for it!! xx

** sorry i meant dont listen to them saying that it is unlikely :smile: xx

Latest

Trending

Trending