The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The DMs are great but I strongly dislike the laces. The red or dead shoes look overpriced, at least DMs last for aaaaages.
Reply 21
Redreynard
when DMs were first popular lots of girls used to wear them with little floaty skirts. the contrast between the stompy boots and the girly look is hot!

You're the only bloke on here that has said that the rest of the blokes have said don't get them.

You sir are therefore strange.
Reply 22
Ilora-Danon
I've always owned a pair of DM's at some point or other. Plain ankle ones, high heeled patent ones and corset style ones.

Ignore the butch comments, some people are just narrow minded.

It's not narrow minded to have an opinion and personally i don't like big stonking boots on women i think it looks stupid.

You're entitled to your opinion so i'm entitled to mine but calliong anyone who doesn;t agree with you narrow minded is pathetic and childish,
by strange, i'm guessing you mean cool!

i like alternative girls. be they kooky intellectuals with a thing for folk music, or dark-minded goths with a thing for guitar playing, or fun-loving rahs with a thing for horses. girls with some personality. and they suit big, stompy boots!
They're disgusting tbh.
Reply 25
Nay. I really don't like that look on girls. I much prefer a feminine look. Even I wouldn't wear shoes that butch, and I'm a guy.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 26
As the Alexei Sayle would put it:

It's not class or ideology,
Color, creed, or roots
The only thing that unites us
Is Dr. Marten's boots

Dr. Marten's boots of the world
So that everybody can be free
They're classless, matchless, ageless and waterproof
And retail for only 19 pounds and 99p

What should everyone be wearing?
Those boots with the air-flow soles
And your boots will have a meeting
And your boots will take control

Thanks to Dr. Marten everyone will have warm feet
Thanks to Dr. Marten they'll be dancing in the street
No. Don't You Want Me.
OK, Boots. Do your stuff!

Dr. Marten's, Dr. Marten's, Dr. Marten's boots
Dr. Marten's, Dr. Marten's, Dr. Marten's boots
Dr. Marten's, Dr. Marten's, Dr. Marten's boots!

But Martens on a female? Nah, that wouldn't look particularly good. And you will be just pushed into a clique
Reply 27
Dr Ms are the way forward! They are really comfy and have that genuine classic look, i wish i had enough dosh to splash out in a pair!
Oh my word, the DM's are hideous :lolwut:
The Red or Dead ones are quite cool though.
I think it entirely depends upon what you're wearing with them as to whether or not the look strange or butch, or any of the other things (i.e borderline insults disguised as opinions) people are throwing around.
Yes.

Doc's are where it's at. I have them in Cherry Red :smile:
I love mine! But mine only cost £25 :lol: Bargain :love:
Reply 32
YAY! i love DM's

i have the first pair, if you wear the laces looser and with a skirt they look less "butch".
Personally, I wouldn't wear Docs but that's because I'm more of a Vans girl. I've seen many really good ways of wearing Docs whilst still looking feminine though, such as the aforementioned contrasting it with something overtly girly, so if that's your kink, then go for it.
Dr Martens are hideous, sorry.
Reply 35
I love them on the right people :tongue:

I love the ankle boots in white. They are lush.
I love my DM's - at least after the hellish breaking-in period of time, and I don't care if people hate them :biggrin:
Reply 37
Do you really care what us internet losers think of your shoes?
I love Dr Martens. I generally prefer the 'classic' shape, but they're still nice!
Reply 39
get the martens! if they're too expensive, you could always ebay?

Latest