The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

cardine92
don't look butch?

Ha are you kidding? You can't not look like a manly lesbian with those on.

Sorry babe just trying to save your heterosexuality.

(If your a lesbian then cool buy them)
Reply 41
The first ones :love:
Reply 42
I own the second pair.
Love 'em!!!
Wanischa
I love them on the right people :tongue:

I love the ankle boots in white. They are lush.

I saw a gorgeous East Asian girl wearing the white ankle ones with a skirt and cute top.....omg she looked stunning. :drool: (can't find the right icon, that one will do :biggrin: ) OP buy them if you like them You probably do have to be careful what to wear them with but I love the alternative kind of look, a skirt with boots is hot.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 44
I love DM's, well worth the price considering how long they last.
Reply 45
Dislike them but they look good on some people.
Reply 46
cardine92
I like these but before I go out and spend £120 I'd like some opinions please. I'm also thinking these but with the DMs you get more boot for ya money.

I was thinking I could wear the former with skinny jeans and skirts/dresses with thick tights but what else I can wear with them so I don't look butch? Any other suggestions for big stompy ass kicking boots appreciated :smile:

I have those!

They're absolutely excellent, and really comfy (like all boots they can be a bit funny the first couple of wears, but they wear in quickly from my experience, and those air soles :coma: you could walk for miles in them), never looked manly in them although I tend to wear dresses and tights/thigh highs all year round...you can probably see in the picture they're more grey than black, and the texture on the outside's soft which is nice, especially if you're worried about looking butch, they still go with everything they're just a bit more girly than standard black

You can also turn them down to make pink ankle boots :cute: plus they lace with ribbons, so no need to buy new laces if you want a different colour

The one thing I will say is that they're better if you have slim/average calves...mine fit perfectly, but can imagine they wouldn't be so great (in terms of comfort as well as appearance) if they didn't
(edited 13 years ago)
Miley Cyrus wears them and practically every girl jumps on the bandwagon.
When I used to wear them to school the same girls took the piss. 'Ooooo you goff'.
Argh.
Rich_183
Dr Ms are the way forward! They are really comfy and have that genuine classic look, i wish i had enough dosh to splash out in a pair!

Mine are the most uncomfortable shoes/boots I own!! lol, but then I am a tad odd!
I love Doc Martens. :coma:

Cannae afford them though. :emo:
Reply 50
Awwwh man, I've been eyeing up that pair since last winter, can't exactly justify them though since I have 2 pairs of DM's already :sad: BUT, get them! They are so lovely, I don't think they're butch looking at all, especially with the ribbon laces. And I always think DM's are worth the price you pay, they last for ages.
The second ones are waaaaay nicer.
Ilora-Danon
I've always owned a pair of DM's at some point or other. Plain ankle ones, high heeled patent ones and corset style ones.

Ignore the butch comments, some people are just narrow minded.

Do you wear allsaints boots :love:

Latest