The Student Room Group
Pancake_Man
Hi, right now I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, English Literature and Computing. This is the final week for changing lessons and I was wondering, does Computing get any better?

I'm only taking Computing up to AS, as I want to continue my other subjects instead up to A2. Also, is Computing easy compared to my other subjects? I've been told about the programming and I have no prior knowledge in it, will this affect me, are the exams easy?

Thanks a lot!

Depends on the board. WJEC is the hardest, absolute nightmare, for one exam the countries average grade was an E. It doesn't get much better, the A2 is slightly more interesting but both are still stale and boring, electronics is far better and where is your maths a level!!!
Reply 2
Computing is awesome. No one in my class had programmed before and we were all fine.

I did dislike it to start with though. It will get better when you get onto programming.
Reply 3
FranticMind
Depends on the board. WJEC is the hardest, absolute nightmare, for one exam the countries average grade was an E. It doesn't get much better, the A2 is slightly more interesting but both are still stale and boring, electronics is far better and where is your maths a level!!!

I do AQA Computing. I really don't like Maths :P Got a B at GCSE and left it at that haha! Are the exams easy at all? I'm only doing it up to AS, so if I can't find a subject I'd rather do, I'll want at least a B in it. Also, is the programming part that bad?

Thanks for your help! :smile:

mahaneap
Computing is awesome. No one in my class had programmed before and we were all fine.

I did dislike it to start with though. It will get better when you get onto programming.

Ah okay, thanks :smile: So, once the programming starts does the course get more interesting?

Appreciated :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Pancake_Man

Ah okay, thanks :smile: So, once the programming starts does the course get more interesting?

Appreciated :smile:

Programming is the only fun part. And even that gets dry if your no good at it. Don't worry though they usually start with quite an easy language.
Reply 5
FranticMind
Programming is the only fun part. And even that gets dry if your no good at it. Don't worry though they usually start with quite an easy language.

Are the exams and coursework at least easy? I'd prefer them to be easy so I can focus more on my other 3 subjects.
Reply 6
Pancake_Man
Hi, right now I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, English Literature and Computing. This is the final week for changing lessons and I was wondering, does Computing get any better?

I'm only taking Computing up to AS, as I want to continue my other subjects instead up to A2. Also, is Computing easy compared to my other subjects? I've been told about the programming and I have no prior knowledge in it, will this affect me, are the exams easy?

Thanks a lot!

At the start it's quiet boring but It sorta gets better.. And I don't mean better as in really fun, no. Because It's still boring and the theory is just ughh!

Managed to get a D for both units thanks to the nerves I had on the day and 2 months of broken computers.

I decided to carry It on because I was actually good at it but It was just too boring to continue.
Pancake_Man
Are the exams and coursework at least easy? I'd prefer them to be easy so I can focus more on my other 3 subjects.

Well I got 100% on both the courseworks, the exams not so much but like I said they were just wrong, the exam was incorrectly written. But they are no walk in the park thats for sure. You should have done maybe maths, far less work (as long as you keep up with it).
Reply 8
I'm taking A2 Computing on AQA, the first year does start off slow if you take your COMP2 exam first as its all theory. But once you get into the programming side of the course it gets a lot more interesting and you have much more freedom in your learning. Although what some people did not realise that there is a coursework section in the A2 year. And if your college is strict like mine you will have to find an actual client and build a system to their specification.

Latest

Trending

Trending