Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Missed my Induction - What will happen to me?

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have missed my induction today due to a family emergency, and want to know what will happen. During the Induction I was supposed to be collecting my Foundation Programme pack and College registration form + there were supposed to be some presentations about the course I am doing etc. Now I'm worried that they wont let me enrol.

So I just wanted to find out will I still be able to enrol and how important is the induction? My actual enrolment is tomorrow at 12.45, but am worried I might get a good ********** for not turning up to the induction and not be allowed to enrol.

Would appreciate some advice.

Thanks.

Note: Uni is Queen Mary
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    should be ok as long as you didnt miss enrolment and tell them why u werent there...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EH18)
    should be ok as long as you didnt miss enrolment and tell them why u werent there...
    I hope so. It stated in the email I got about induction that you must attend the induction programme for your course. That's what worries me.
    • 69 followers

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the uni, and probably whether you have a good reason for missing it. Nobody here can tell you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Was it an emergency along the lines of a long term pets or a family member being seriously ill/dead, or was it 'The dog has gas, keep an eye on him.' ?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You could email the person who runs your course and explain the situation?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: September 22, 2010
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.