The Student Room Group

Help on my final choice!

You can see in my signature where i'm applying and I'm really leaning towards Queen Mary. However I know it's super competitive and I don't think I stand a chance for straight English, so I was thinking of applying for comparative literature which looks like a course I'd get just as much enjoyment from.
However having just one insurance choice worries me slightly. Can someone give me some much appreciated advise? :o:
All unis are very good. Have you had a chance to view them yet this summer and the accomendation of the unis?

I cant see why you wouldnt with a good ps, references, grades and the passion have a good shot at Queens. I'm not very good at knowing the unis themselves or the degree of english.

I would based on preference and on what the city is like

1; Queen Mary - Your first choice
2; Birmingham - Been though it and from the forums they speak highly of this uni, plus big city uni which should offer good education standard. Have a link with National Academy of writing
3; Nottingham Trent - I live near nottingham and the nightlife is good and theres normally good job offers for part time work on.
4; Goldsmiths - Is in London so if you want the chance to be a long way from home and truely strike it out as many do been in London is good way to do. Plus in London theres plently to do as well.
5; De Montford: Ranked 9th in The times, the research has been placed onlong side Oxford and Cambridge. Can offer work placements and the experience in todays job market is tough. Also offers theate trips (dont know if that's your thing or not).

Don't panic and work really hard for your A'levels and just enjoy the work your doing.

Keep at the work and just go for it. :-) hope this helps. Look at the unis and what they can offer both short term and long term in the future .
Sapphire_Eyes
All unis are very good. Have you had a chance to view them yet this summer and the accomendation of the unis?

I cant see why you wouldnt with a good ps, references, grades and the passion have a good shot at Queens. I'm not very good at knowing the unis themselves or the degree of english.

I would based on preference and on what the city is like

1; Queen Mary - Your first choice
2; Birmingham - Been though it and from the forums they speak highly of this uni, plus big city uni which should offer good education standard. Have a link with National Academy of writing
3; Nottingham Trent - I live near nottingham and the nightlife is good and theres normally good job offers for part time work on.
4; Goldsmiths - Is in London so if you want the chance to be a long way from home and truely strike it out as many do been in London is good way to do. Plus in London theres plently to do as well.
5; De Montford: Ranked 9th in The times, the research has been placed onlong side Oxford and Cambridge. Can offer work placements and the experience in todays job market is tough. Also offers theate trips (dont know if that's your thing or not).

Don't panic and work really hard for your A'levels and just enjoy the work your doing.

Keep at the work and just go for it. :-) hope this helps. Look at the unis and what they can offer both short term and long term in the future .

I've visited most of my choices apart from the London ones which i'll visit if I get an offer. :o:

Queen Mary is somewhere i'd love to go but there's going to be so much more better competition it scares me.:s-smilie:
Colour Me Pretty
I've visited most of my choices apart from the London ones which i'll visit if I get an offer. :o:

Queen Mary is somewhere i'd love to go but there's going to be so much more better competition it scares me.:s-smilie:

Don't be worried. Work hard and get your predicated grades, and enjoy your time as well at college as well. Use your time management and practise these now and also when you have coursework. Do it and hand it in on time or day before. Don't leave it until last minute either.

Give your targets and practise for the exams when they come around and rest and read books you love in the summer. It's important to keep your love of subject alive.

Keep up with courseworks and homeworks (if you get any) There is competition but you must sell yourself in the PS and interview.

And above all GO FOR IT :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending