The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

What is Goldsmiths really like??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Ive got an unconditional offer for Goldsmiths :smile: so i will b going ther in September. The only thing im wurried about is where im going to be living and also because im moving from Ireland to London myself im nervous about meeting new people. So was wondering if anyone was starting in September and going to be living in halls aswell ?
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Reply 41
Original post by thelifeofbrian
Just out of curiosity, what is the policy at surrey house about having people stay over? whats the maximum amount of nights?

http://www.gold.ac.uk/media/accommodation.pdf

The official line is:
Goldsmiths Accommodation Booklet
You may have a guest staying in your room for no longer than three nights in any seven. The Accommodation Office holds a list of alternative accommodation for guests; none of these are endorsed by the College so you might like to visit before booking. Guests will be expected to sign in.

But what I can tell you is I definitely did not have three people stay round the other night nor did a person stay an entire week without anyone having to sign in.
You're also responsible for evrything your guest does. So be careful.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Enso
http://www.gold.ac.uk/media/accommodation.pdf

The official line is:

But what I can tell you is I definitely did not have three people stay round the other night nor did a person stay an entire week without anyone having to sign in.

haha good to know! thanks :smile:
Original post by Natalieee1
Ive got an unconditional offer for Goldsmiths :smile: so i will b going ther in September. The only thing im wurried about is where im going to be living and also because im moving from Ireland to London myself im nervous about meeting new people. So was wondering if anyone was starting in September and going to be living in halls aswell ?

Me!

But I am still waiting for ONE more school to reply... this is really frustrating! I hope by the time I can apply for accommodation, my choice of rooms are still available. :s-smilie: They seem pretty limited from the looks of it!
Reply 44
Original post by monchouchou
Me!

But I am still waiting for ONE more school to reply... this is really frustrating! I hope by the time I can apply for accommodation, my choice of rooms are still available. :s-smilie: They seem pretty limited from the looks of it!

well, if you have your firm and insurance choices why don't you just cancel the last choice?

I have the same problem, waiting for one school only now and I am not sure if I want to go to that one or to Goldsmiths more.
Original post by skyja
well, if you have your firm and insurance choices why don't you just cancel the last choice?

I have the same problem, waiting for one school only now and I am not sure if I want to go to that one or to Goldsmiths more.

That is because goldsmiths is my 2nd choice - still waiting for my first to reply, although I am not exactly holding my breath now. ):
Reply 46
I confirmed my choice .. but im not 100% sure exactly how i apply for accomodation? do i wait til they send me out a letter in the post ? im so confused. lol
Reply 47
I confirmed my choice .. but im not 100% sure exactly how i apply for accomodation? do i wait til they send me out a letter in the post ? im so confused. lol

Don't know if you have found anything out yet but at their homepage they say that everyone with an offer (or who has firmed their offer, not sure to be honest) will get an e-mail with information about the time when you can apply. And as the application for their accommodation doesn't open until late April it's still some time left (:

What course have you firmed btw? And do you know which halls you prefer? (:
Goldsmiths just felt like a run down college to me in South London, it's way too gritty over there and can't help but feel unsafe when its dark and walking to and back from library.
Reply 49
Original post by skyja
Don't know if you have found anything out yet but at their homepage they say that everyone with an offer (or who has firmed their offer, not sure to be honest) will get an e-mail with information about the time when you can apply. And as the application for their accommodation doesn't open until late April it's still some time left (:

What course have you firmed btw? And do you know which halls you prefer? (:

Hey ive applied for education, culture and Society. Wat about you ? Well i was having a good look at the halls and before i even started i knew i wanted ensuite so to be honest the best one to me is Loring hall and i'll definately be having that as my first choice so hopefully i get it :smile: What bout you ? are you staying in halls ?x
Reply 50
Hey ive applied for education, culture and Society. Wat about you ? Well i was having a good look at the halls and before i even started i knew i wanted ensuite so to be honest the best one to me is Loring hall and i'll definately be having that as my first choice so hopefully i get it :smile: What bout you ? are you staying in halls ?x

Psychology (:
Exactly the same here, would want an ensuite too and from what I've seen I prefer Lorring as well (though there was another one that I can't remember atm that looked nice too!) Also my friend who is in her first year at Goldsmiths recommended Lorring :biggrin:
Reply 51
Ohh well if ur mate recommends it then it sounds good to me :smile: lol. I dont no anyone movin over as im comin from here by myself :s-smilie: . lil but frightening but im sure i'll be okay. :smile: Wer bouts do you live ?
Reply 52
Ohh well if ur mate recommends it then it sounds good to me :smile: lol. I dont no anyone movin over as im comin from here by myself :s-smilie: . lil but frightening but im sure i'll be okay. :smile: Wer bouts do you live ?

I am Swedish but I have been living in Iceland for the past years (: What about you?
Reply 53

I am Swedish but I have been living in Iceland for the past years (: What about you?
Reply 54
Im Irish so been livin in Ireland all my life .. Its not really a big move in terms of distance from here to London but when i havent moved away from home before it will definately take abit of getting used to seen as London is such as big place and here is only tiny ! lol. Wow thats quite a big move for you then ? have you been to London before ?
Reply 55

Hey im moving to london in september irish aswell!! Sadly not going to goldsmiths though.. but there is loads of irish in london!
Reply 56
Hey, where bouts you movin too ? :smile:
Reply 57
Hey, where bouts you movin too ? :smile:

Hey I'm moving to brunel university in uxbridge west london!

What part of Ireland are u from?

colly
Reply 58
Ahh i think i heard of uxbridge before ... Im from Derry! And you ? You nervous about movin ?
Reply 59
Ahh i think i heard of uxbridge before ... Im from Derry! And you ? You nervous about movin ?

Really i dont no much about uxbridge tbh but it should be fun!

Ah cool.. i know it well! I live in omagh and nope im not really nervous moving out im heading out on my own though hopefully there are some good people in the halls lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending