The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
If you click on the (?) clicky next to "main degree subjects" it does sound like they want a list of modules. I can't think of what else they would want written there as there's too many boxes to just put "law 50%" and "criminology 50%" or "english 100%", if you get what I mean?

What I've done is list my modules in order from year 1 to year 3, and put in the "time spent" box how many credits each module is worth as it's easier imo :P
Ohh this whole thing is making me want to smash my head on the keyboard. But then my 'work experience' box won't even be bullet points or a paragraph, it'll be "ftttttttttttttttgcvvv".
Reply 22
Powerchord
If you click on the (?) clicky next to "main degree subjects" it does sound like they want a list of modules. I can't think of what else they would want written there as there's too many boxes to just put "law 50%" and "criminology 50%" or "english 100%", if you get what I mean?

What I've done is list my modules in order from year 1 to year 3, and put in the "time spent" box how many credits each module is worth as it's easier imo :P

Yeah I know it's all the boxes that are making me want to put modules in, but if you click the (?) next to Time Spent/Credits it says you have to put percentages in this box and they all have to equal 100% so you are not actually allowed to put credits even though it says it :confused:

which then makes me want to put just the subjects! Cause I listed all my modules in order from 1st to 3rd year like you, but giving them all a percentage to add up to 100 they are all only like 4% each which looks stupid. annoying!
rachel11
Yeah I know it's all the boxes that are making me want to put modules in, but if you click the (?) next to Time Spent/Credits it says you have to put percentages in this box and they all have to equal 100% so you are not actually allowed to put credits even though it says it :confused:

which then makes me want to put just the subjects! Cause I listed all my modules in order from 1st to 3rd year like you, but giving them all a percentage to add up to 100 they are all only like 4% each which looks stupid. annoying!

Maybe if it's ever possible to get through, phone them and ask about this. And then come back and tell us what they say :biggrin:
rachel11
Have you figured out what to do about the main subjects part yet? I'm still so confused. I've read the replies here where some people say put all the modules down, but the "Time spent" section has to be a % which must equal 100, so if I were to put down all my modules over the 3 years (24 modules) they'd all only equal about 4% each, this doesn't seem right?

are you going to put down your modules or Geography 100%? I did a law and criminology degree so for me it would be 50% Law and 50% Criminology.

I am sooo confused, the section says main subjects, to me subjects means geography, law, criminology, maths, english etc and is completely different to asking for a list of modules, my modules all have long titles such as "community and public involvement in crime" and it doesn't look right when I list all 24 of them.

Can anyone clarify at all! thanks :confused:

ive put down all the modules, some of the titles are quite long. i need to show ive done both physical and human geography plus that ive used technology helps i supose. i had an issue with the fact first year counts, but i supose i did get credits for first year, just dont count towards honours. each of my modules are worth 15 credits so i put that down, although my dissertation is worth 30 so i put that down as well.
hope that helps :smile:
Reply 25
I´ve put all my modules in and the credits they´re worth (found on my degree certificate) and it just tells me "Invalid main subject or time spent"
I had issues with this too, it kept saying invalid subject. Try taking out any : or & signs, they don't seem to accept signs and symbols.....write the words in full English. I changed mine and it finally accepted all the modules and credits worth.
Reply 27
Has anyone phoned the GTTR recently about the glitches? Now it says on their website that "essential maintenance" is taking place on the 5th October, the same date that they will start sending out applications. As none of the known issues seems to have been fixed yet, I suppose they are working at a new version offline and intend to put it on all at once. If that's the case they should know when this is going to be.

I tried to email them about this but haven't received any replies yet. As I am from Germany, calling them is probably rather expensive. Last time I got through (Friday) I had to wait about 15 minutes. Won't do that again for a "Please be patient. We are working at this as we speak" :noway:
Reply 28
nikki_louise
ive put down all the modules, some of the titles are quite long. i need to show ive done both physical and human geography plus that ive used technology helps i supose. i had an issue with the fact first year counts, but i supose i did get credits for first year, just dont count towards honours. each of my modules are worth 15 credits so i put that down, although my dissertation is worth 30 so i put that down as well.
hope that helps :smile:

Hiya, I phoned up GTTR and she said it is best to put all moules but in the time spent you have to put a % even though it says credits and it must all equal 100, so you have to just tweak it a bit. For example, I did 24 modules all worth the same credits so thats 4% each but then I had to just make some 5% to make it up to 100.
Reply 29
thanks for the help, the percentage thing is a real pain in the **** as mine add up to either 2.7 or 5.5, which rounded up will definitely go over 100%, why can´t they just accept credits?????? if only.
Reply 30
the app has finally accepted it. Like another poster said I had to round some down and some up to make sure it was 100% Just having problems with my choices now, I click on the campus code "main site" for man met, but apprentely that´s not allowed.
Can you start inputting your modules even if you can't select your university & graduation year?
sirwhale28
the app has finally accepted it. Like another poster said I had to round some down and some up to make sure it was 100% Just having problems with my choices now, I click on the campus code "main site" for man met, but apprentely that´s not allowed.

I think that is because they offer it at Crewe and Didsbury. Which do you prefer?
Reply 33
thanks, worked it out now and didsbury it is
Reply 34
because of the glitches can we not even send for our referees until they are fixed? or can we still do that before the 5th?
Reply 35
I´ve sent my reference and I asked her to confirm that it had arrived, which she did :smile:
Reply 36
but do you have problems with your application? i assume I can't send for a reference until the problems on mine are fixed because once you send for your reference you can't change your application can you?

Latest

Trending

Trending