The Student Room Group
Maths: forget revision guides or making notes...complete waste of time. Do ALL the past papers and questions available to make sure you know how to do everything
Reply 2
but theopposite for geography: case studies and figures.

For history detail too.

but past papers never hurt :wink:
apocalipse117
Maths: forget revision guides or making notes...complete waste of time. Do ALL the past papers and questions available to make sure you know how to do everything

This. This. This. This.

Make sure there is no possible question they can ask you that you won't know.
Reply 4
Do well?
Reply 5
davidmarsh01
Do well?

State the obvious although it's subjective. :facepalm2:
apocalipse117

I do not think this is very good advice. How are you supposed to do the past papers, when you have not learnt the material? I recommend you work through your textbook, and when you have become fairly proficient at it, then you can begin to work on past papers.

To add: I would recommend that you keep up with your work, and try not to get behind. When you are set homework, do it as soon as you get home. If there is something in particular that you do not understand, try to gain another perspective on the matter by seeking out texts online, or even other textbooks. One author may be fairly proficient at explaining X concept, but not Y - and vice-versa. So throughout at the week, you should be looking at 15-20 hours of self-study.

This is quite good for study skills: http://www.open.ac.uk/skillsforstudy/
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Same question as the OP for:
English Language
French
Business
Government + Politics.
:smile:
vitamortis
I do not think this is very good advice. How are you supposed to do the past papers, when you have not learnt the material? I recommend you work through your textbook, and when you have become fairly proficient at it, then you can begin to work on past papers.

Obviously I don't mean go straight to past papers, of course you've got to go through the text book and understand the method, but the best way to learn maths is to do it. Reading recision guides and making written notes is a waste of time because it won't help you learn how to approach questions
Reply 9
vitamortis
I do not think this is very good advice. How are you supposed to do the past papers, when you have not learnt the material?

Well then when you come across something you don't understand, you can go ahead and learn it. simple :smile:
Oh and if you mean to say doing them now would be pointless, i think he means closer to the exam.

@OP, pay attention in class. Seems to do the trick for me :wink:

Latest