The Student Room Group

Economics Applicants 2011 Discussion Thread

This is a thread for prospective Economics students to discuss anything relevant to their application for the 2010/2011 admissions cycle.

Successful candidates may wish to post the conditions and details of their offer(s) in the Economics Applicants 2011 Offer Thread.

Good luck everyone!
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
oooh first! :biggrin:
sending my application today so hopefully i'll be posting my offers sooon!
Already sent it off? ******* hell
Reply 3
loki276
Already sent it off? ******* hell

Oh come on, you've had three and a half weeks already :p:!
Reply 4
Mine was sent to UCAS yesterday. Scary.
Might start thinking about my personal statement soon. No promises.
Reply 6
Planning to send mine off next friday :biggrin:
The waiting-till-march will kill me :frown:
mimista
oooh first! :biggrin:
sending my application today so hopefully i'll be posting my offers sooon!

You're fast! :p:

Can I ask what your grades are and what universities you're applying too?
Reply 8
Does PPE counts?

I sent it off three times, I kept having it returned.. I'm not confident with my PS as yet >.< Damn, I'm not even sure if my school have done my reference.!
Reply 9
sending mine off next week hopefullyy
******** myself about possible interviews :frown: and then the whole just sitting around waiting for offers thing, it's not really sinking in that my application is "it"
Reply 10
Unknown-User
You're fast! :p:

Can I ask what your grades are and what universities you're applying too?

check your pm! :smile:
where should I apply!!!!???

GCSE's: 5 A*s, 5 A's

AS: AAAAAC in bio, chem, physics, maths, economics, f.maths respectively. Took up econ and f.maths in march during year 13!

A2:AAA in bio, chem, maths. Econ and f.maths are pending. doing them in my gap year.

So far i'm thinking durham, warwick, UCL (econ, stats and finance), southampton and leeds.

What do you all reckon?
rubberdam123
where should I apply!!!!???

GCSE's: 5 A*s, 5 A's

AS: AAAAAC in bio, chem, physics, maths, economics, f.maths respectively. Took up econ and f.maths in march during year 13!

A2:AAA in bio, chem, maths. Econ and f.maths are pending. doing them in my gap year.

So far i'm thinking durham, warwick, UCL (econ, stats and finance), southampton and leeds.

What do you all reckon?

Cambridge
Glen_Nichols
Cambridge

hahahah, very flattering, but although my grades look fairly impressive, I know that cambridge ask for module scores. I was borderline A in biology and economics. 15 marks into an A in Maths, and 25 marks in an A in Chemistry. Not too impressive by their standards.
Cambridge
Reply 15
Wagwan economists, I'm likely applying to Oxford, UCL, Warwick, Birmingham and somewhere like Durham/Bristol/Exeter

Suggestions on the 5th?
heya, big shout out to all my homeboys

I'm applying to Cam, LSE, UCL, manchester cardiff.

see you soonio
Sent off my application last week. Just have to wait now. :frown:
bump...

hopefully sending my application some time next week, a bit delayed due to some payment difficulties (UCAS not accepting Visa Electron issued from where I'm at :frown: )

just wanna wish all fellows good luck and to receive offers soon :wink:
Reply 19
So far no offers, but got an interview with Cambridge on the 21st October (international student). Reading loads of articles/books now because I feel SO UNPREPARED!! Any advice?

Good luck to everybody!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending