The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Mike_Davies
Hey I didn't know where to put this but Im sitting my LNAT on Tuesday and I was wondering what is considered a pass? and what is considered a good score? on the LNAT test. Also anyone else that sat it what did you get and did you get in where you wanted with it?

How did you find the LNAT? Mine is on the 29th Oct .. eek!
There is no pass mark. You just get a raw score out of 30. Nobody yet knows what the average score will be this year. Nor do they know what will be considered a high score. You can't analogise easily from last year's scores, which were out of 24, not out of 30.

Also, don't forget that the essay (which is not marked but only read) could make all the difference. A bad essay could counteract a good score, or vice versa.
John Gardner
There is no pass mark. You just get a raw score out of 30. Nobody yet knows what the average score will be this year. Nor do they know what will be considered a high score. You can't analogise easily from last year's scores, which were out of 24, not out of 30.

Also, don't forget that the essay (which is not marked but only read) could make all the difference. A bad essay could counteract a good score, or vice versa.

just out of interest, why were six questions added this year?
Reply 4
kidney thief
just out of interest, why were six questions added this year?

its because when their were 24 questions ppl finished with plenty of time to spare...but in reality they just want to make life harder for us :vmad:
1. We don't want you to waste 15 minutes of your life twiddling your thumbs, waiting to be allowed to start the essay.

2. We also want the performance curve to be a bit less steep to either side of the average. More questions means (probably) more spread.
Reply 6
John Gardner
1. We don't want you to waste 15 minutes of your life twiddling your thumbs, waiting to be allowed to start the essay.

2. We also want the performance curve to be a bit less steep to either side of the average. More questions means (probably) more spread.

You do realise you can start the essay whenever you want but once you go on to the essay you cant go back to the multiple choice section
Reply 7
Emsy
How did you find the LNAT? Mine is on the 29th Oct .. eek!

Um dont really know what to think of it to be honest I found the language was pretty advanced but other than that I dont think it went all too badly but I will get back when I get my mark
Reply 8
Mike_Davies
Um dont really know what to think of it to be honest I found the language was pretty advanced but other than that I dont think it went all too badly but I will get back when I get my mark

I think i'll have to swot up on the dictionary and comprehension then! Thanks,

Ems x
Reply 9
Which UCAS number do you put onto your LNAT profile? I have a card number, an application number (thanks to the welcome letter this morning :smile:), and a personal ID number ... anyone know the answer?

Ems x
Reply 10
^ Last year I believe it was the number beginning "0500" which if I rack my brains was my Application number.

Of course do ignore me until you have confirmation from someone far more reliable than I... :smile:

Good luck :smile:

J xxx
Your UCAS number is also known as your UCAS application number. When I last looked it had 9 digits. Maybe you could check this for me? It would be good to have confirmation of the number of digits this year - then I will post an appropriate FAQ on the LNAT website. Thanks.
Reply 12
Thank you :smile: My application number is 9 digits starting with '06'

Ems x
OK, I have added an FAQ on this topic at http://www.lnat.ac.uk/help/registration.html

Latest

Trending

Trending