The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
give it a bit of time, i got really worried when I registered and it didn't work straight off (i'm doing it slightly different to normal) but give it 20 mins and you're fine, now just need to find the DC++ hub :smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
yeh, i got it working by turning off the windows firewall. I'll be interested to find out what the dc++ hub if/when its gets going.
Reply 3
Finally got my internet all working fine. Just waiting for my Uni password which we apprently get at registration... so i'm sorted.
Reply 4
MSN worked for 10 minutes now it wont let me connect :bawling:

Bloody stupid windows firewall probably doing something moronic as usual...
Reply 5
nah msn went down at microsoft's end for a bit, seems to be ok now tho
Reply 6
o buggery. well apparently if you open port 1863 in firewall it should work and seems to now.
I haven't tried MSN. Are you guys going to the JCR for that talk thing? Think I'm going to make a move but feeling lazy.
Reply 8
fuglyduckling
I haven't tried MSN. Are you guys going to the JCR for that talk thing? Think I'm going to make a move but feeling lazy.

there was a talk?

oh well.

im gonna have a wander soon. hangover has receded enough...

wine and nibbles sounds good :biggrin: as does pub quiz tonight.

haha just saw u walk into the snooker room.

this is too weird :eek:
Reply 9
How is bristol gexko?
Reply 10
ramroff
How is bristol gexko?

tis a veritable land of milk and honey :biggrin:

cheap beer. all good.

cold tho.
Reply 11
nice to see you enjoying it, ill see you next year :cool:
Wills is great. I might take a few pictures today and post them. Everyone seems really nice and the bar is super cheap. Great stuff.

Have some cool neighbours... very bohemian and amiable.

How did you see me go into the snooker room, Gekxo? You spy!
Reply 13
fuglyduckling
Wills is great. I might take a few pictures today and post them. Everyone seems really nice and the bar is super cheap. Great stuff.

Have some cool neighbours... very bohemian and amiable.

How did you see me go into the snooker room, Gekxo? You spy!

ground floor room. perfect for snooping.

and getting looked at by everyone.

i've been on here too much already, im gonna get a rep...

if i wasnt hungover id be walking around, honest.
Reply 14
lolz. any of u happen to b in b 200 level? sounds like i've talked to some of u before.

Added: It lags my laptop real bad, damn resnet. now it lags if i even on winamp, or hangs for no reason, msn working now.
Reply 15
Anyone go to the Quiz tonight? The treasure hunt was fantastic, we got asked to leave by the Wills hall tutor when too many HBers were pillageing items :P
Reply 16
yup, my team had the exit sign. lol

I went up to wills tonight and gosh its nice, in terms of building anyway. Huge place.
I met lots of HBers - one of them randomly asked me if I had a jock-strap that she could have?!?

Glad you liked it! We got bored (they kept shutting down our parties) and a couple of us went down to HB to see what was what... lots of people - seemed v. nice & sociable, but some people were a bit off with us. *shrugs*

Haven't been anywhere else (yet!) but Durdham and Churchill are meant to be super nice... a few people from Durdham came into my neighbour's room for a bit (there were 3 of us chilling out) and, after a while, I realised some of them were from TSR - susiemakemeblue, wednesburywench and another girl! It's so weird chatting to TSR people in person :p: Katie looked just like her TSR pics, so I thought it was probably her, anyway! Seemed nice :smile:
Reply 18
Zakatu
yup, my team had the exit sign. lol

I went up to wills tonight and gosh its nice, in terms of building anyway. Huge place.

Haha, saw that :biggrin: Our team had the only watering can :P We went down the road and knocked on some houses and some really nice people were kind enough to lend it to us :biggrin:

The jock strap was unattainable however :frown:
Reply 19
i was impressed with the watering can, one of the hardest things to get!

Latest

Trending

Trending