The Student Room Group
Magee has a pretty good politics department. Kofi Annan, Hilary Clinton, Romano Prodi and a few others have spoken there. The LwE course at Jordanstown seems to have a large drop out rate; I think the Year 3 class is half of what it was in Year 1.

In all honesty, you'd be better doing Economics or Political Science at a better university and then taking a law conversion course if you still want to practice. There are much better courses out there for the ABB grades you need to do Law at Ulster and don't limit yourself to NI. There are dozens of universities in the rest of the UK and Ireland that are better than Queen's or Ulster. I'm in my final year of Law with Government and you can take my word for it - the law courses at this university are a farce.

If you just want an answer to your original question, I'd say Magee is better.
Not a Lawyer
Magee has a pretty good politics department. Kofi Annan, Hilary Clinton, Romano Prodi and a few others have spoken there. The LwE course at Jordanstown seems to have a large drop out rate; I think the Year 3 class is half of what it was in Year 1.

In all honesty, you'd be better doing Economics or Political Science at a better university and then taking a law conversion course if you still want to practice. There are much better courses out there for the ABB grades you need to do Law at Ulster and don't limit yourself to NI. There are dozens of universities in the rest of the UK and Ireland that are better than Queen's or Ulster. I'm in my final year of Law with Government and you can take my word for it - the law courses at this university are a farce.

If you just want an answer to your original question, I'd say Magee is better.

Thank you very very much for answering my questions its been a great help to me :smile: xoxo
Reply 3
tammy_girl
Thank you very very much for answering my questions its been a great help to me :smile: xoxo

Hey I'm at Queens doing law in my 3rd year and I'd advise against going here too, the degree is ok and held in high regard (god knows why) but it's pretty poorly run if I'm honest.

If you can get the grades try Nottingham or University of East Anglia at norwich if you can, or at least look into them.
Lemmiwinks
Hey I'm at Queens doing law in my 3rd year and I'd advise against going here too, the degree is ok and held in high regard (god knows why) but it's pretty poorly run if I'm honest.

If you can get the grades try Nottingham or University of East Anglia at norwich if you can, or at least look into them.

Thanks for the adivce on Queens as well :smile: More than likely (Knowing me I won't get the grades) I'd stay here at home than travelling - but I will consider it an option when I am going to university I'll hack it all on my little own :p: lol but thaks to both of you for giving me geat adivce on this area and I appriciate it wholeheartedly xoxo

Latest

Trending

Trending