The Student Room Group

Soap & Glory face products - any good?

Hello!

I know there are some existing Soap & Glory threads knocking about, but can't find any very recent ones or ones specifically about the face products.

Just wondered if they're any good?!

I don't really get any spots apart from rare one-off blemishes, but my complexion is just not that even regardless. And i find that i can't get away with just moisturiser at the moment because it leaves my face looking too shiny, so i end up needing mineral powder to create a matte effect...but it's expensive to use on a daily basis. I can't not use moisturiser though because my face feels tight and too dry otherwise.

Sooo i just don't know what to do?! At the moment i'm using the Dior Hydralife Pro Sorbet cream as my moisturiser, but i'm spending a lot of money on such products and still don't have perfect skin so wondering what else to try?

I was thinking of trying the Soap & Glory face wash and face wipes...followed by the Eau Thermale Avene Anti-redness light moisturiser. Is it bad to mix brands where face products are concerned?

The other thing is that Soap & Glory reviews on Boots' own website are really good....is it a Boots brand (and therefore biased reviews shown), or are the products actually just really good?

Thanks for any help, or any other face product suggestions. Willing to try anything in low or high price ranges! I just want nice skin :sad:

:tsr:
(edited 13 years ago)
.x.jen.x.
Hello!
Sooo i just don't know what to do?! At the moment i'm using the Dior Hydralife Pro Sorbet cream as my moisturiser, but i'm spending a lot of money on such products and still don't have perfect skin so wondering what else to try?

I was thinking of trying the Soap & Glory face wash and face wipes...followed by the Eau Thermale Avene Anti-redness light moisturiser. Is it bad to mix brands where face products are concerned?

The other thing is that Soap & Glory reviews on Boots' own website are really good....is it a Boots brand (and therefore biased reviews shown), or are the products actually just really good?

Thanks for any help, or any other face product suggestions. Willing to try anything in low or high price ranges! I just want nice skin :sad:

:tsr:

First of all, maybe your shiney becasue your using too much or its too strong although you dont get spots maybe try some of the lighter ones that are for bad skin (if your after something cheap simple does some nice stuff)

No, its not bad to mix products but that moituriser isn't cheap, while your looking maybe try some cheaper ones? If your willing to spend money look at makeup stands like clinique that also do skin care.

Soap and Glory is its own brand, also I dont think they are allowed to just put on biased reviews as they are just customer opintions put on via the website. I have used the soap and glory hand cream before which is very nice and i do no people who love soap and glory.

x
Reply 2
I havent tried any of their specific face products, but i just this second used their flake away scrub on my face (followed my a cleanser to remove that oily film it leaves) and my face feels freaking amazing..smoothy smooth!
Reply 3
I don't think Soap & Glory is a Boots product, but Boots might have 'exclusivity' of it. Not sure! I like the brand, it's great for giving yourself a treat but I don't think you will notice any difference using it compared to any other product/brand. For oily skin, look for a mattifier lotion - which will soak up excess oil on your skin without drying it out. Good Things do a really popular one which sells well (I work at boots), and that's £7.99. You won't need to moisturise your face after either because this does it for you. :smile:

http://www.boots.com/en/Good-Things-Miracle-Mattifier-Lotion-100ml_1102664/
The only face product I've used from S&G is "Scrub your nose in it." It was alright but a bit harsh so I went back to Simple. Otherwise I've used their handcream, shower gel and conditioner and they're brilliant :smile:
Reply 5
Thank you everyone for the replies! Very helpful.

Leaning more towards believing that the Soap & Glory products are quite good and that the reviews may well be accurate!! Might just have to give them a try.

Also loving the sound of the "Good Things" mattifying lotion too. It sounds perfect.

I've tried lots of "Simple" products before too and never been unhappy with them, i'm not sure why i switched when i did! Haha.

I think i'm just going to have to be prepared to splash out on a couple of products that i'm really keen to try until i find the right ones. I wish it was easier to find the right products. How does everyone else manage it?!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Dr Nick Lowe spot cream is the best I've tried.
I do like Soap and Glory, their under eye concealer is great if you are olive skinned. Their day moisturiser 'Glow Job' is fab and smells yummy. It gives you a tint.

The best moisturiser ever though (all my friends loves it too and deliberately forget their own moisturiser when they stay round my house) is Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturiser. You can buy it from Space NK for about £34, massive bottle, lasts me about 6 months minimum.

The best face wipes I've used are the Boots Vitamin E ones. They're always on offer 2 for £4 (maybe you should try their entire range). They actually get all the make up off my face, not even the L'Oreal ones could do that.

Personally though, I love Lush. My skin has never looked better; I've just recently gone back to using their products and my skin is just wow.
Reply 7
Their Glow Job is pretty powerful - you only need a wee bit and need to smooth it in really well to avoid tidemarks!

I quite like their skin brightening balm, and their eye roll-on too. The concealer-y type thing isn't bad either.
Reply 8
Don't know about moisturiser but the hand cream smells really nice. If your complexion isn't even I sometimes use MaxFactor foundation, it's good, if you get it your exact colour.
Reply 9
I like Liz Earle skin repair light. I find it just moisturising enough and not too heavy, and doesn't leave my face shiny. It's not hugely cheap but you do literally only need a tiny bit of it so it would last ages.

I've borrowed a friend's soap and glory stuff once at a sleepover and didn't really think 'wow'.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
I love their Fab Pore hot cloth cleanser, it is one of the few things my skin seems to like at the moment. The Catch a Wrinkle in Time cream is good too, I only use it when my skin is feeling really dry, but it sorts it out really well without being heavy, as my skin is otherwise very oily/sensitive.
Reply 11
The 'Scrub your nose in it' face stuff is awesome.
Reply 12
I've tried quite a few of their products (including cleansing milk, "scrub your nose in it") and would recommend them.

Latest