The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Don't use Amber taxis!

Scroll to see replies

I work in Leeds but used to come on these boards when I was at uni...

Amber taxis is absolutely awful, I will never use them again. A driver kidnapped me in the middle of nowhere and refused to take me where I wanted to go, to the extent that I had to jump out of the taxi....when I called the office
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 41
Sorry but what your saying is wrong all drivers must pass tests I don't work at Amber but I know that its more than there licences is worth to let some Tom Dick or Harry drive without the proper papers its not some two Bob outfit its about 13 million turnover a year so there not going to risk it
Reply 42
Andy Amber Cars, which is supposedly your name, is that the reason why I still haven't got a reply from your complaints department? And don't you dare speak anything about Hackney. You privatised incompetent fool! Talking about their standards, where do you stand? Harassing students, to begin with.
Thanks for hatred,
Khaliyar.
Hi Andy could u ring me on 07776420442 friend of gurbon
Reply 44
LOL, same thing happened to me tonight, nye/ny, stranded outside in the cold, plenty of drunk crazy people around, called at around 3am and ended up getting in the at 4.08 -_- I kept calling, to be told "you haven't been waiting long" and or" it'll be there shortly", the woman hung up on me a few times but the cab wasn't 'dispatched' (like sent via text) until almost an hour of waiting. Honestly, it was a joke that I had to wait outside for long in the cold.
Hi andy did a driver hand a A5 white in i lost it in taxi two thursdaysago contact me pls if its there thank u c mccormack
AMBER TAXI'S ARE THE WORST

Left my sister stranded at Stansted, cancelled the collection 5 minutes before collection and this was after I had booked, paid and received confirmation

Very rude on the phone, the lady working at midnight on 28/01/2018

Just look at their reviews on Yelp and AllinLondon........terrible feedback

We ended up booking with Uber and they collect my sister in 5 minuts

AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID
I totally agree with comments about ambers performance but not in a good way but a bad way. I got accused of being abusive towards a driver when I hadn't even got into the taxi and was shouting at someone down the road plus cat was going to go on the road.Operator even was aggressive over the phone when I was brought up around volatile parents which is why I was put at risk and why I was removed from my parents when young. Thanks to one operator it as now made me worse mentally.

Quick Reply

Latest