The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
viviki
I've never heard of a PA job that included giving massages before. So yeah I think she was very wise.

I'm sure that in the corporate world, there are things that go on that would raise both of our eyebrows.
Reply 41
Yeah, it seems ever such a bit weird.
Reply 42
The Fluff
I posted an advert looking for any kind of part-time work on Gumtree.co.uk and today I got a reply from a businessman who wants a sort of PA type person for 10 hours a week in London.

He's asked if I could do the normal sorts of things, making sure that his bills are paid, shopping, organising dinners and meetings etc. It all sounds pretty legit.
But he's also asked if I could occasionally give him massages. Which he added would inadvertently be whilst he was naked. Erm...

The money is excellent, £15 an hour. But I'm ever so slightly dubious. I've got a telephone interview with him tomorrow and if he wants to meet then I'll make sure it's in a very public place and probably take a friend with me.

But there's this niggling little worry that he's asking for more than PA work.

Any advice, I really need the money but I'm not willing to prostitute myself!!!!

haha funniest post in a long time, reminds me of friends
Reply 43
esx77
haha funniest post in a long time, reminds me of friends

Lol glad i made you laugh!
Reply 44
i duno, but maybe you could report such behaviour to gumtree or something ... personally (I am broke) i would be tempted by money, but honestly, asking for a massage (naked? wtf) is a big no no.

you did good.

let us know if he gets back to you :wink:
Reply 45
He wrote back this morning and was pretty cool, understanding even. Then I got another message asking if I was interested in any extra cash just give him a call and he would get me some work to do. Whatever that means.

Haha, anyway. With my new and improved Gumtree ad, I woke up this morning and found in my inbox 18 employers enquiring my ad! 18!!?!??! Random as hell. I'm a terrible journalist if that's just because of a few words haha.

Oooh and an audition for an Endemol Game Show. How cool is that? I could win up to £100,000. That would be sooo cool.
Reply 46
omg wow. i never though gumtree could get so many responses!

go u! let us know what u do in the end
Reply 47
iwait4u
omg wow. i never though gumtree could get so many responses!

go u! let us know what u do in the end

I know i was astounded! Will def let you know!!!
Reply 48
The Fluff
He wrote back this morning and was pretty cool, understanding even. Then I got another message asking if I was interested in any extra cash just give him a call and he would get me some work to do. Whatever that means.

Haha, anyway. With my new and improved Gumtree ad, I woke up this morning and found in my inbox 18 employers enquiring my ad! 18!!?!??! Random as hell. I'm a terrible journalist if that's just because of a few words haha.

Oooh and an audition for an Endemol Game Show. How cool is that? I could win up to £100,000. That would be sooo cool.

You have to share though! Only then would it be truly cool.
Reply 49
"massage" is almost synonymous with sex in these kind of scenarios. the fact that he added "naked" makes it slightly less subtle that usual. forget the naked massages, it sounds like he's be asking for a lot more once you had the job, and would assume that you understood his "subtle" terminology.
Reply 50
silence
"massage" is almost synonymous with sex in these kind of scenarios. the fact that he added "naked" makes it slightly less subtle that usual. forget the naked massages, it sounds like he's be asking for a lot more once you had the job, and would assume that you understood his "subtle" terminology.

Lol, I kind of got that.

As for sharing of the money. I'm gonna pay my parents back first lol.
Reply 51
The Fluff

wow! I'm glad it has all worked itself out in the end - you definitely did the right thing :smile:
Reply 52
LOOK AT THE E-MAIL I JUST GOT!!! GRR

"hi - please let me know while you're looking for other work if you would be interested in doing occasional massage/sensual massage..50 pounds per hour..i'm fit healthy, easygoing male, 35, in central london near bond street tube...regards, d"

WTF?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

I replied very politely I am not trained, but there are many reputable massage therapists within close proximity to his area.

50 quid an hour, jeez I'm worth 4 times as much as that...
Reply 53
So you would do it for £200 an hour?
Reply 54
The Fluff
LOOK AT THE E-MAIL I JUST GOT!!! GRR

"hi - please let me know while you're looking for other work if you would be interested in doing occasional massage/sensual massage..50 pounds per hour..i'm fit healthy, easygoing male, 35, in central london near bond street tube...regards, d"

WTF?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

I replied very politely I am not trained, but there are many reputable massage therapists within close proximity to his area.

50 quid an hour, jeez I'm worth 4 times as much as that...

ewww thats just nasty.
Reply 55
its only a bit of tender rubbing, you could always use your elbows :rolleyes:
Reply 56
viviki
ewww thats just nasty.

Your telling me.

And as for 4 times that....maybe not haha.

A lot more
Reply 57
My ex just told me to put my photo on there. That should put them off. Heehee.
The Fluff
My ex just told me to put my photo on there. That should put them off. Heehee.

well your ex sounds like a bit of a dick.
anyways i think you definitly did the right thing, id laugh if you ended up taking a massage course etc. im not surprised the guy who sent back the email from your 1st job was fine bout you not doing it, he was taking a big risk to even ask you , perv,. anyways hope your job hunt goes okay, im sure outta 18 your bound to get a good job, with , hopefully a wicked and not so pervy boss

Latest

Trending

Trending