The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'll give you some lazer surgery for £19538094?
Reply 2
I don't think there's a non surgical way to completely remove them. They're pretty much scars. Idk isn't there some sort of product you can use to reduce their appearence?

Why do you care so much anyway nobody is going to be looking at your arse and if they have that oppertunity I'm sure a few stretch marks won't be the occupying their mind.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
You can't get rid of them.
I've heard coca butter helps, worth giving it a go I suppose.

Eventually they'll turn skin colour and won't be as noticeable, but you're stuck with them for life.
Bio Oil, or Palmers makes a Vitamin E lotion
Both work wonders :smile:
Reply 5
Bio-oil got rid of the ones on my legs :yep:
Stretchmarks really do suck! I got them at your age too though and was never bigger than a size 8, to be honest nearly every girl I know has them in one place or another...just part of growing up I guess!
Bio-oil is pretty good at reducing their appearance but the only way to get rid of them for good is with a costly cosmetic procedure.
They will fade with time so don't worry about them too much :smile: xo
Reply 7
Tempted to try some of this bio oil stuff even as a guy. I got some pretty big ass stretch marks on the back of my leg from growing. Looks like I was savaged by a lion :l
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
bio oil is the best thing ive come across to make them less noticable. ive got loads of stretch marks, they dont really bother me cos theyre really white ones so theyre not that noticable
You can't get rid of them, you can just reduce their appearance with certain products. Embrace them, nearly all girls have them somewhere on their body.
Reply 10
thisisnew
Tempted to try some of this bio oil stuff even as a guy. I got some pretty big ass stretch marks on the back of my leg from growing. Looks like I was savaged by a lion :l

lol, it looks like my arse has been savaged by a lion.
Not necessarily, I got them on my outer thighs when I was a teenager and have since had a (9lb) baby and didn't get a single strtchmark! lol makes loads of sense right? Try bio-oil on your more recent ones, they will lessen the redness for you :smile:
Reply 12
bio-oil or cocoa butter work a charm.
honestly, every girl will get at least one stretch mark in her life.
no one cares! they fade till they're almost invisible.
i have tons, and i've learned to not be bothered by them :smile:
xxxx
As has been said, DEFINITELY Bio-oil and/or Palmer's cocoa butter with Vitamin E. Bio-oil is the best, but can be expensive; Palmer's is relatively cheap, but still good. Not as effective on stretchmarks though.
I'm 6'6" tall and I had bad stretch marks on my back because I grew like 4" in a year. But anyhow when I went on holiday to Borneo (hot country, near equator), they totally disappeared in like 3 days. I'm not sure whether it was the intense sunlight, or putting loads of suntan cream on which helped, but it worked wonders. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this before?
Freerider101
I'm 6'6" tall and I had bad stretch marks on my back because I grew like 4" in a year. But anyhow when I went on holiday to Borneo (hot country, near equator), they totally disappeared in like 3 days. I'm not sure whether it was the intense sunlight, or putting loads of suntan cream on which helped, but it worked wonders. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this before?

Nope & I've been to Borneo! Didn't use sun cream though :eek:

Bio Oil never worked for me - I used it on a scar on my leg and it's still obvious. How long do you have to use it for?
KayleeLand
Nope & I've been to Borneo! Didn't use sun cream though :eek:

Bio Oil never worked for me - I used it on a scar on my leg and it's still obvious. How long do you have to use it for?

You need to keep using it everyday until you start to see some improvement. It DOES make a difference, but then everyone is different and not everything works for everyone ;]
bio oil is good, but nothing's going to totally remove them.. they will fade over time though :smile: seriously, don't panic about them because literally everyone has at least a couple! it's totally normal, don't worry :smile: x
Reply 18
xStaceyy
bio-oil or cocoa butter work a charm.
honestly, every human will get at least one stretch mark in her life.
no one cares! they fade till they're almost invisible.
i have tons, and i've learned to not be bothered by them :smile:
xxxx

FTFY
Reply 19
tommy5x
FTFY

ah, merci beaucoup :P

Latest