The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't find school boring, more claustrophobic. Seven years of being around the same people and in the same place is too much... Over a third of my life... Whilst I love my friends, I just want to get away.

I think this has been made worse by my boyfriend gallevanting off to university and having a good time, leaving me all alooooooone.

Meh, this time next year that'll be us, let's hope *touches wood... Lots and lots and lots*!
I think it's all better when the offers start coming in...
...if my school ever get round to sending my UCAS form off!
Reply 43
Mrs Rickman
...if my school ever get round to sending my UCAS form off!

Jesus christ: its not even the oxbridge deadline yet!! I was like you trying to get my form sent off but my tutor refused to until all the oxbridge candidates in my form were done (even though i had my form done before most of them). You just have to put up with it unless you take it to the person above your tutor (like i did :smile:)
Reply 44
argggggggggggggggggggggh its drivin me crazy already!
Reply 45
toipot2
I really, really, really hate UCAS personal statements

I mean, I loathe them!

Friggin things

PM me if you want a hand. Done my own (last year), pretty much my boyfs (also last year) and rejigged my mates (this year) so im getting pretty good at it if i say so myself!!
Reply 46
yup, been there....FRESHERS STARTS ON SUNDAYYYY WOOOO!!
I just want this year done so I can escape the prison that is school
oh my god! i thought i was the only one who felt that way! i seriously cannot wait till next year :smile: i'm sick of school..i need to be free. :p:
Finished mine today. Another PS for Geoggers and Planning...FInished everything else. Just waiting for the Oxbridge deadline so I don't look silly, then am sending it off. Very excited.
Reply 50
Glad to know it's not just me then :biggrin:

I mean - i was really motivated with my AS's, but ive come into year 13 and A2s are exactly the same but worse! I just have no motivation left, i wish I could get to uni right now. I like my a level courses and everything but I just keep on thinking about uni and reading stuff about it and it just looks soooooooooooooooooooo much better than school!
Reply 51
i thought AS was a novelty.. but now its just dragging on!! i purposely did my UCAS stuf early so that i can actually see what unis (if any) want me!! then at least i hav some direction in life and can look forward to wherever i may go next year!! cannot wait for uni.. new ppl.. new town...ok i will stop typing seein as i'm just gettin depressed now!!! altho i do think that when i leave in july i will be hysterically crying.. but hey!! although in saying that times flying!! we have a two week half term and it starts on 14th oct!! wooooooohoooooooo!
Reply 52
spoon1
Glad to know it's not just me then :biggrin:

I mean - i was really motivated with my AS's, but ive come into year 13 and A2s are exactly the same but worse! I just have no motivation left, i wish I could get to uni right now. I like my a level courses and everything but I just keep on thinking about uni and reading stuff about it and it just looks soooooooooooooooooooo much better than school!

I agree totally! Need to meet new people too, definately!
Reply 53
i'm getting bored with some of my m8s at the moment seems like the longer you are ina friendship group the more arguements which seem to arise
Reply 54
You do not understand how much I'm looking forward to going to Uni! That's assuming I get offers where I applied!!! I'm so sick of my school...rules, regulations etc etc....so boring.
spoon1
Right the thing is is that all this ucas and uni open day malarkey has really got me going and I'm so sick and tired of school and seeing the same people everyday - i just wanna get to university NOW and meet new people and experience new things and stuff. Does anyone feel the same way? It's so annoying that we've got a whole year to wait....grrrr.

:dito: If I can just get one uni offer, or get into Aberystwyth (sp?!) or B'ham through clearing, I'll be happy - atm I'm alternating between wanting this year to be over because various things are driving me crazy and I'm excited about the idea of going to uni and wanting to slow it down in case I'm about to face a stream of rejections
im the same!
I remember at the beginning of last year i hadnt thought about uni at all, not a bit, and then suddenly being around people in the year above who were applying and stuff got me really thinking about it (although granted ive changed my mind about a billion times :biggrin: ) and i got really excited.
Then i realised i had another year..........

however, i am enjoying this year, more so than last year; i dont think its school that i actually want ot get behind me, i think its more that i want to get out my house and be more independent and, it may sounds harsh but its true, choose when to see my family rather than having to. I appreciate them so much more that way.....
and i really want to meet new people.

also, as i think someones already said, i get frustrated by the limits put on you when you're studying A levels. Y9ou have to do exactly what the exam boards want and while my teachers are great at encouraging independent development and study, there definitely isnt as much opportunity for discussion and stuff as there undoubtedly will be at uni...

roll on next year!
i am SO bored of 6th form, i really enjoyed year 12 and it's worrying to think that it's practically only the start of the year and i've already have had enough!

i have completed my ucas form too but my tutor said that the oxbridge applicants are her priority...which is fair enough but i'm the only person in my year who has actually finished her whole form! :frown:

have any non-oxbridge applicants here sent their ucas forms off yet?!
Reply 58
lady-flash
i am SO bored of 6th form, i really enjoyed year 12 and it's worrying to think that it's practically only the start of the year and i've already have had enough!

i have completed my ucas form too but my tutor said that the oxbridge applicants are her priority...which is fair enough but i'm the only person in my year who has actually finished her whole form! :frown:

i'm non-oxbridge and have sent my form off...but i'm a medic so my form's got to be in by the 15th as well.
Reply 59
lady-flash

Mine got sent off last night according to UCAS ... i'm a non-oxbridge applicant. If my tutor said that i'd go mental! If you've finished it ... it should be sent off instead of waiting for others to finish it(or start it even). Although there is only 3 oxbridge applicants at my 6th form so its a good job.

I wonder when the universities will read mine ... :confused: scary thought.

Ems x