The Student Room Group

Higher Psychology 2010-2011 :: Resources and Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

I'm just doing the research project at the moment...haha not liking the research methods topic or the research project but looks like atypical behaviour will be good. To be honest there's not enough good bits to this course and I'm not really enjoying it, seems a heck of lot to remember, dates, people, etc. Maybe that's just cos i dislike the subject though.
Anyway no matter how much I'm not enjoying it I'm still gonna try with it, it would be great to get the qualification(well, with how hard it seems to be for me, at least sit the qualification lol).
Reply 81
Anyone doing the investigation to do with memory and chunking? Does anyone know if I have to use people of all the same age for this e.g. all pupils or can it be a mixture of pupils and teachers taking part? Also how many people should I use?
Reply 82
Original post by Kelz_26

Hi Kelz i have done my investigation and did it on memory, i done my experiment on pupils aged 16 to 17, but my teacher said you could do it on pupils and / or teachers as long as they are all over the age of 16 due to ethics, i had 10 pupils take part in my experiment up to you to be honest.
Reply 83
Original post by conar93
Hi Kelz i have done my investigation and did it on memory, i done my experiment on pupils aged 16 to 17, but my teacher said you could do it on pupils and / or teachers as long as they are all over the age of 16 due to ethics, i had 10 pupils take part in my experiment up to you to be honest.

Ok, thanks.
Reply 84
Did my experiment today. Went quite well, apart from a few people were cheating!
Reply 85
Anyone done their prelim yet?
Original post by Kelz_26

Not yet, and I'm dreading it! I feel as if I don't know anything for Psychology.
Original post by Kelz_26

Yeah... was pretty pleased with the results... 52/60...
Reply 88
Original post by HeatherHatter
Yeah... was pretty pleased with the results... 52/60...

Wow that's really good! Well done. I've got mine next Thursday.
Reply 89
Original post by Livesindreams
Not yet, and I'm dreading it! I feel as if I don't know anything for Psychology.

Same! I'm off school until Tuesday so a lot of revision will be going on! Just got back from Psychology tonight and we were doing revision.
Reply 90
Research Methods NAB on Wednesday, not too worried as I think I know this stuff well. However, our prelim isn't until late March and I still don't feel like I know all that much :/
Original post by Kelz_26
Wow that's really good! Well done. I've got mine next Thursday.

:smile: thanks.

Shame it can't be used for appeals and is the only one we do...
Reply 92
:smile: thanks.

Shame it can't be used for appeals and is the only one we do...

I never knew that. Was your prelim made up of past paper questions?
Original post by Kelz_26
I never knew that. Was your prelim made up of past paper questions?

Well... we were told in all our other subjects that the prelim must consist of questions from all units... our prelim didn't... the teacher says we can use our NAB to make up for it... last years class didn't get any appeals because of this...
Well... we were told in all our other subjects that the prelim must consist of questions from all units... our prelim didn't... the teacher says we can use our NAB to make up for it... last years class didn't get any appeals because of this...

Normally they do a separate prelim for the unit that wasn't done in the prelim to make up for this.

Anyway, I had all of last week off and I didn't study, I'm such a fail, I just can't motive myself.
Original post by Livesindreams
Normally they do a separate prelim for the unit that wasn't done in the prelim to make up for this.

Anyway, I had all of last week off and I didn't study, I'm such a fail, I just can't motive myself.

We aren't getting a second prelim on the basis that 'it would be cruel'
Reply 96
We aren't getting a second prelim on the basis that 'it would be cruel'

:confused:We get a second prelim in all other subjects though!
Original post by Kelz_26
:confused:We get a second prelim in all other subjects though!

Yup.. But in my school, we don't get one for Psychology... so no appeals...
Reply 98
Did the nab today, what a bitch it was. I was expecting it to be fairly easy... How on earth am I expected to write 4 marks worth of information on bloody pie charts?! Not impressed, I am hopefully going to get around 13/20.
Reply 99
I have my prelim at 6.30pm and I am so worried! I'm not prepared enough even though I have revised tons.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending