The Student Room Group

Eating Disorder and Stress

I had an ED for a couple of years (bulimia) however I managed to fight and have not purposely made myself sick in about over 4 months, and before had lessened the amount.

However, recently (such as 10 minutes ago) I've started feeling really sick to the point where I have to throw up (not necessarily me making myself sick, usually its my stomach retching by itself) but I've noticed on a couple of occasions I have been either really worried or stressed beforehand (such as just now) and then I begin to feel immensely sick.

Does anyone think there could be a link, and/or any advice?

Also (Though I think this is just coincidence) sometimes after I take the combined pill I feel a little sick afterwards :confused:

Any suggestions, because feeling this sick is not fun.
Reply 1
Some people get violently ill when nervous or stressed. Its normal and probably not linked to the bulimia. Any antacid will be good to stop feeling sick but trying to eliminate the cause of the stress/nervousness will do best in the long run.
Reply 2
I often feel sick when I'm stressed and I don't have an ED. i think its important in your case not to actually be sick when you feel nervous incase it makes you want to go back to your old ways foodwise.
Tomski
Some people get violently ill when nervous or stressed. Its normal and probably not linked to the bulimia. Any antacid will be good to stop feeling sick but trying to eliminate the cause of the stress/nervousness will do best in the long run.

I agree with him, it is probably just stress and you should concentrat on what is making you stress out so much. I used to have that problem (and I also used to be anorexic too) but I started meditating, breathing exercises and journaling and my stress level has drastically gone down to the point where I am more or less stress free. Good luck to you!
Reply 4
Thank you all. x

Latest

Trending

Trending